Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Z10 - ActiveSync and Exchange

Hi,

I have setup my Z10 to connect to my Corporate Exchange Server (we do not use BES) and whilst this works i have noticed some odd behaviour. The Z10 is configured for PUSH email.

What i am noticing is the Z10 will notify new messages at random. Sometimes i will receive notifications within seconds of the emails being received, sometimes it can take 10+ mins, sometimes not at all. When not at all, it doesn't even download the headers etc, it just stalls until i do a refresh.

I also noted that when there are 4 or 5 unread emails and you haven't touched the phone,. subsequent new emails provides no audio notifications at all but the new emails will be there (what i have found anyway). It just seems so random.

For testing purposes i am using an Andriod based handset on the same exchange account, this one notifies perectly each and every single time.

The Z10 has given me no confidence at all in terms of rolling out in our Corporate environment.  We use 35 BB 9780/9900's and on BIS we have hardly had a problem, sadly with the removal of BIS and a handset with lots of bugs (as can be seen on this forum) i think this may spell the end for our relantionship with RIM.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Z10 - ActiveSync and Exchange

I think I have the exact same issue.

Exchange 2007

Blackberry Z10 set to PUSH

Blackberry will go up to 3 hours without loading any new messages.  Then all of a sudden I'll have 25 new emails with timestamps ranging throughout the prior 3 hours.  Then at other times the time span only lasts an hour.  Very random.  Very frustrating.  And gives zero confidence in the product.  We have iPhones and androids that use the exact same active sync server and they all have zero issues.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Ditto.

Exchange 2003 SP2

Blackberry z10 set to PUSH.

We have delays right from the start of messaging setup. It seems that it takes a very long time to sync all the messaging properties after activation. (Activation just takes around 2 minutes)

There's no way to determine if messages from Exchange ActiveSync has been completely sync'ed or not. 

We have re-activated users because of this issue and we're still having issues after the 2nd/3rd time. 

Other mails from external sources like Gmail (IMAP) seems to be OK.

I'm thinking they still need to update and fix the firmware that handles the ActiveSync information on the device. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: 1. Playbook 2. Z30 3. Z10 4. Classic

I have been using the Z10 with our corporate EAS for the past two months and no issues.  Messages hit my desktop (MS Outlook), Playbook, old BB 9800 on BES and Z10 simultaneaously.

Recheck all your accounts.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

What do I check for on the accounts?  Exchange account's enabled for all Mobile Services Features. As far as the BES account itself, I've just added a user to the BES and assigned an e-mail profile.

E-mail profile:

Push enabled

30 days synchronization

15 minutes interval

E-mail/Calendar/Contact set to Yes.

Can I ask how your ActiveSync is setup on your BES 10 devices? 

We only have it thru SRP relay. ActiveSync is just internal and it's not advertised externally to the Internet.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Fixed:

I had to completly remove the exchange account from my Z10, then re-add it, and now everything syncs immediately.  I get email on my z10 faster than outlook does.

I dont know why it wasn't working right to begin with, but re-adding the account worked.