Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Z10, Alarm and Bedside Mode

Now I've been under the impression that unlike former Blackberry phones the Z10 uses it's Bedside Mode so you can use the Alarm, however I have the problem that the phone despite being in Bedside Mode will turn itself off during the night and thus I don't even hear the alarm. Only reason I've even woken up is my old phone's alarm. So is there something I'm missing or is my phone just messed up?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10, Alarm and Bedside Mode

Is the phone running out of battery or resetting itself overnight? I only ask because there is no auto-on / auto-off functionality yet on the BB10 devices.

What OS version are you running?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Fairly certain it's not running out of battery as it turns on when I attempt to. I don't know if it's resetting I don't feel like it is but who knows. Also the OS version is the latest one.

Forums Advisor III

For what it is worth, the alarm should ring in bedside mode on bb10 and the older bbos.

What is the state of the battery in the morning when you boot the phone?

Under "settings>about>hardware" you can find your boot time, if it is overnight then you should be able to tell if it rebooted while you were asleep.

Depending on your carrier there are different versions, so what version is it? Settings, about, os.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
My Carrier: Vodafone - UK

Z10, Alarm and Bedside Mode - BB functionality lacking?

Z10 Alarm doesn't work when phone is turned off, so I put my phone into bedside mode to charge it overnight. However network provider (so I was told today by mine) push network updates out overnight. Could this cause your phone to reboot etc?

Anyway, if you dont apply the updates your Z10 will slow pushing emails, pulling browser pages, drop calls. If your phone is left on, even in bedside mode, then they wont be received/ applied.
ST options are get a separate alarm or leave Z10 on but (periodically, in the morning) remove battery and SIM, wait, put both back in (Z10 SIM "re-finds" the network, identifies and pulls the required network updates). Did it just now and Z10 a lot happier (probably result in more efficient battery usage also!).
A colleague has an iphone and noted the alarm comes on even when the phone is fully turned off overnight. Time to think about fixing this bug BB - negates the "benefit" of bedside mode cant have phone not performing well because of something like this?

having the exact same problem!!  Very frustrating....have you had any luck since the posting???