Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Canada
Accepted Solution

Z10 BBM Group not functioning

I'm hoping that this gets fixed when 10.1 comes out, but in the meantime...

There are two other family members with blackberries, so we figured we'd set up a family bbm group to communicate easier. Except, I can't join the group we made. We've tried both getting my phone to join an existing group (which I never seem to recieve the invite for) and creating a new group (where the phone tells me I've reached my maximum amount of bbm groups...but I have no groups, at all)

BBM seems to be buggy in general for me, ranging from being extremely slow when being accessed directly from the app (not from the hub), and alerting to an update when there is nothing listed in the 'update' tab. It has also stretched the screen in the hub when I tried switching to landscape (though it fixed itself within a couple seconds).

Can anyone give me a suggestion on what to do? Please let me know if I'm missing crucial information.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

Re: Z10 BBM Group not functioning

I have exactly the same problem. I am not sure what to do either, except waiting for 10.1 upgrade.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

I am sure 10.1 upgrade can fix it. While waiting for it, I have solved my issue by joining the BBM Channel Beta Program! That upgrades my BBM client and it works smoothly since then.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Yep, just updated to 10.1 today and the problem's gone. Thanks for the reply!