Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Z10 Battery Draining out

Hi All,

The issue of battery drainage has happened with my z10 multiple times. I charge the battery to 100% in night and in the early morning when i wake up, i found z10 switched off because of empty battery. I had neither any wifi or network data running nor any app except for alarm clock. 

When i see the device monitor, it shows bbm usage nearly 68% in the last 12 hrs since full battery charge and nearly 120 % in last 24hrs but i don't use bbm. 

With whatever apps i have in my z10, sometimes even 48% battery lasts for whole day and sometimes 100% battery don't last for even 4 to 5 hours (without any use let it be calling or any other activity ).

Please help me out here as i am really tired of my phone getting switched off even after fully charging that.

Note:- I have latest OS installed - 10.2.1.2977 and also i had my z10 wiped just less than one month back. 

Thanks

Manik

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Battery Draining out

Is your BBM set up? Obviously, something in BBM is trying to do something. Make sure BBM is set up properly, even if you don't use it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi John,

Yes BBM  is fully setup . There is no notification i get while opening BBM .

Thanks

Manik

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

After you wiped the device did you restore a backup?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

No. 

But the wierd part is that manytimes even 48% battery lasts nearly a day while at times 100% didn't last for even 4-5 hours even when not using z10 for anything.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360, Z10
My Carrier: CellC, MTN

Remove the battery from device and put the battery back in device after 5-10 minutes. I had the same problem and it worked for me.
Like if this was helpfull.