Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Z10 Battery Suddenly Draining Faster

Seems that "Skype - com.skype.raider" and "T-Moble My Account - com.tmobile.pr.mytmobile" are 2 that keep comingback in.  "Calendar Storage - com.android.providers.calendar" is also back right now and yesterday "Settings - com.android.settings" was there and I had to kill it a couple of times.

I was really hoping that T-mobile was going to roll out 10.2 to the US soon, but it's been months with no indication that it will be coming any time soon.

Would it make sense to re-install my current OS first using BB Link?  I've never re-installed the OS before, so I'm curious does BB world remember which apps I had installed and easily allow me to re-install them?

I turned off WIFI this morning when I took it off the charger and less than 2 hours later, I'm down to 80% battery, so I guess it's not WIFI.  Now I'm going to turn off the mobile network and data services to see if the drain slows down.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: VZW

myrusty66 wrote:

Seems that "Skype - com.skype.raider" and "T-Moble My Account - com.tmobile.pr.mytmobile" are 2 that keep comingback in.  "Calendar Storage - com.android.providers.calendar" is also back right now and yesterday "Settings - com.android.settings" was there and I had to kill it a couple of times.

I was really hoping that T-mobile was going to roll out 10.2 to the US soon, but it's been months with no indication that it will be coming any time soon.

Would it make sense to re-install my current OS first using BB Link?  I've never re-installed the OS before, so I'm curious does BB world remember which apps I had installed and easily allow me to re-install them?

I turned off WIFI this morning when I took it off the charger and less than 2 hours later, I'm down to 80% battery, so I guess it's not WIFI.  Now I'm going to turn off the mobile network and data services to see if the drain slows down.

Skype is a known problem causer with duplication of contacts a major complaint. Also, you need to log off Skype each time you quit using it or it drains the battery. I've just used the version in BBworld and haven't had the contact issues others have experienced.

In the U.S. we're all impatiently waiting for OS 10.2. You can load an official version of 10.2.0 through Sachesi that does not require a wipe and reload. !0.2.1 is still a leak. BBWorld should remember your apps and you can just log in and begin the reloading process.

If you're able to run a Link backup I highly recommend it before you wipe your device. I think Sachesi supports backup as well.

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I seemed to have finally stopped the bleeding, but I still don't know what the cause was.

On Saturday night, I finally gave up and used BB Link to reset the phone after doing a complete backup.  I slowly started adding some apps and email accts back yesterday and this morning, and so far the battery is doing ok.

I'm reluctant to restore stuff from the backup to avoid re-introducing the problem.  One thing I do really want to get back is the data from password keeper, so I need to find out if I can selectively add things back from the backup.

I do still see some things popping up in taskmanager from time to time, so I kill them, maybe I'll leave them alone and see if they cause the battery to drain faster

Keeping my fingers crossed for now....

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry, you can't selectively restore only Password keeper. I know, not great.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

myrusty66 wrote:

Well, I seemed to have finally stopped the bleeding, but I still don't know what the cause was.

On Saturday night, I finally gave up and used BB Link to reset the phone after doing a complete backup.  I slowly started adding some apps and email accts back yesterday and this morning, and so far the battery is doing ok.

I'm reluctant to restore stuff from the backup to avoid re-introducing the problem.  One thing I do really want to get back is the data from password keeper, so I need to find out if I can selectively add things back from the backup.

I do still see some things popping up in taskmanager from time to time, so I kill them, maybe I'll leave them alone and see if they cause the battery to drain faster

Keeping my fingers crossed for now....

Although you can't selectively restore things from backup, you could go ahead and restore your backup and do the following: When 10.2.1 is released Password Keeper will have backup built into the app. The file for this is currently available (don't think I'm allowed to tell you where) and can be sideloaded into the current official 10.2 OS. After satisfactory completion of the process, you can backup BB10 Password Keeper directly through the app. After full restore, if you're still having issues, you can wipe and PK backup is available without full restore.

Also, it appears official 10.2.1 release might start around Jan 28.

I know I would be lost without Password Keeper. It's a shame that Link is not as flexible for backup as the BlackBerry Desktop Software was on our legacy devices.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

That's correct with the password keeper. After I upgraded to 10.2.1.1055, I reinstalled the password keeper and miraculously all my files were there. .... including the password needed to access them
Regular Contributor

@myrusty66

If you haven't gotten the notification, Password Keeper has been updated and now able to back up to SD card, device, or cloud. Just go to BBWorld and update.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

I have same issues with this, I brougth my z10 to service centre then they update the os to 10.2.1.1259. Then my z10 back to normal with normal battery consumption.

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have the same issue with my z10 after the update
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

It is not specifically a Gmail problem. I had a similar issue and both my main battery and spare were draining and heating. I could not get through a full day with both. After installing OS 10.2 I started watching my Device Monitor and found the offending app was PIM Service.

I simply went to all three of my email accounts (not all gmail) and in Edit Account changed the sync interval to 24 Hours. This does not prevent receiving email throughout the day. I also turned off sync while roaming for good measure. Battery cooled, problem solved.
-doug

Device history: 8800 World Edition, Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Torch 9860, Z10