Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Belgacom

Re: Z10 Battery Suddenly Draining Faster

HI, I had this problem for about 2 weeks, and as i started at once, it stopped a few days ago , without doing anything on my Z10 !?

Battery draining is normal as it was before !!

I can't give an explication for it, sorry, because I know it had to do with the "dataservices", I put it off when battey was draining faster, and switched it on just a several times a day, and at once, when I switched on my dataservices, I saw that my battery was draining normal again, so   ??????

Good luck !

Contributor
My Carrier: Mobilink

My problem is/was related to 3g data services (I have detailed my problem in the post above) it got fixed automatically. But new problem has emerged since then, my mobile turns off when battery is in 55-75% range. But I am sure that it is linked to 3g data services
New Contributor
My Carrier: Belgacom

I had in the beginning 3G and now 3G and often 4G data services, and I don't feel any difference about this problem..

Also I changed from 3+4G to 3G only, whithout any diferance on the battery problem.

Contributor

I am saying this because I didn't use any wifi and 3g and my mobile remained normal. Then I used wifi only and no 3g, it didn't turn off as early as it used to be.
Once it turns off, I have to connect it charger to turn it on.
It might be due to network providers tower related issues (this was mentioned in another thread somewhere)
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SamSaya wrote:
But new problem has emerged since then, my mobile turns off when battery is in 55-75% range. But I am sure that it is linked to 3g data services

What is happening is that your on-device battery meter is off-sync with the actual battery charge.

Connect to your OEM wall outlet battery charger and while still connected and powered on, remove the battery a minute to reboot. After reboot leave to fully charge to 100%.
Thus will reset the false charge reading. You may need to do perform this procedure 2-3 times.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: 32475293523

looks like the same problem as we have, indexing

leave it powered for a couple of days it will go away...

but ... starts again when the battery gets drained Smiley Mad

we believe it is because the big amount of contacts and the unit is programmed to do reindex from scratch everytime you restart the unit 

anybody can help please ? 

Contributor

I have tried what jsanders said in the morning. my battery was 80% and turned off. I followed the steps mentioned by jsanders, when it turned on it showed 20%. I let it charge and it went quickly to 100% and followed the procedure again, when it turned on it showed 60% and then it gradually charged to 100%. it's fine since than but it is under my observation now..
. but contacts are not visible in contact list even when I scroll down to find it but when I receive message from the contact it shows his name in the message hub

SamSaya wrote:
. but contacts are not visible in contact list even when I scroll down to find it but when I receive message from the contact it shows his name in the message hub

Have you recently updated your OS on the device?

How are your contacts loaded to your Z10, locally or synced via an email account such as hotmail, yahoo, etc.?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes. BlackBerry link

Yes, to which question?

Knowledge Base Updates