Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Marketing

Re: Z10 Battery Suddenly Draining Faster

I dropped my z10. Now battery is draining fast. Plz give me a solution...
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Dropping it should have no affect. It could be coincidental with apps you might have loaded and running in the background.

For now, do this:, with your Z10 powered ON, and connected to the wall outlet charger, remove the battery and replace to reboot. See if that has any affect over the next 24 hours.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I did it. But still the same results. Only 3 hours battery life is having..... plz help me dude. ....
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Out

Try this: switch off Wi-Fi, then completely switch off You smart by pressing upper button. When Your smart will be switched off, pull out battery and wait 5 minutes. Then pull in battery back and give Your smart turn on, don't disturb it about couple of hours.
This sequence will help to avoid software issues and if it didn't help, then hardware repairing is only way out for You.
And oh, if You have such huge rate of loss battery charge (33%/hour) I'm afraid it's looks like exactly hardware problem.

Problem_child wrote:
Try this: switch off Wi-Fi, then completely switch off You smart by pressing upper button. When Your smart will be switched off, pull out battery and wait 5 minutes. Then pull in battery back and give Your smart turn on, don't disturb it about couple of hours.
This sequence will help to avoid software issues and if it didn't help, then hardware repairing is only way out for You.
And oh, if You have such huge rate of loss battery charge (33%/hour) I'm afraid it's looks like exactly hardware problem.

That doesn't even make sense.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

nilanka wrote:
I did it. But still the same results. Only 3 hours battery life is having..... plz help me dude. ....

I am trying to help.

Please try the process again. exactly as described.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

@JSandrs, it's working. I mean you r theory is working. Thank u.....

Good, do the same process again in a day or two. I don't know why the dropping affected this, it could be purely coincidental, but either way it does appear the on-device battery monitor software had become off-sync with the actual battery charge.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
ksr
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tmobile

yikes - there has to be a BB fix for this - I have 3 gmail accounts that I use in biz and cannot delete them. And FYI - my hubbies droid has no problems with his multiple gmail accounts. Hello  BB  - this needs to be fixed.

ksr
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tmobile

I also have to say that I had 4 gmail accounts running concurrently with my 9810 - and that battery would last for days.

I used to diss my fellow droid and apple users who had to carry charge cords all the teim. I upgraded to this phone because BB said it had a 12 hour ACTIVE battery at least or something close. My Z10 drains from the moment I look at it. BB WHATSUP with this. Battery and data efficiency have been your MO for the business traveler.  Not acceptable currently with the battery drain and heavy data usage. WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR BEST FEATURES????