Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Battery Suddenly Draining Faster

In all honesty, your #Z10 model should get you an average of 8-9 hours of battery on a moderate usage day. I haven't seen that you've said what you're seeing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VZW

[ Edited ]

ksr wrote:

I also have to say that I had 4 gmail accounts running concurrently with my 9810 - and that battery would last for days.

I used to diss my fellow droid and apple users who had to carry charge cords all the teim. I upgraded to this phone because BB said it had a 12 hour ACTIVE battery at least or something close. My Z10 drains from the moment I look at it. BB WHATSUP with this. Battery and data efficiency have been your MO for the business traveler.  Not acceptable currently with the battery drain and heavy data usage. WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR BEST FEATURES????

My biggest drain on battery is WiFi. Until the last two T-mobile updates my battery life was less than good, and I'm on VZW. I have tried both T-mo updates, currently using 10.2.1.2234, and the battery life has become stellar! WiFi drain is still an issue but greatly improved. Moderate to heavy use (no WiFi) and I'm easily getting 12 to 14 hours with 20 to 30% remaining.

Our old BlackBerry OS devices just didn't need the juice that a touch screen device demands. IMO BBRY has addressed this with the Z30 and the latest OS updates for OS10.

Another source of battery drain are apps running in the background. Go through your device and delete anything you might have tried but don't really use. I've read that some Android apps like to run in background and drain. Turn your brightness down. On 10.2.1 there are some nice Device Monitor tools to zero in and diagnose what is causing your battery life to be so bad. What's going on is something that can be fixed and it might take a combination of things to get you the battery life you and your device deserve. Good luck!

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
New Contributor
My Carrier: 7329101327

**bleep**, I started having this problem and have spent the last week disabling things 1 by 1 to try and find the culprit. No luck, yet.

I'm on OS 10.2.1.2156, and had this problem 1 time before but I don't know what fixed it. I got all the way back to everything completely disabled, full battery (100%) and midnight, phone in Standby mode, and the battery was dead after 6 hours. Only thing I see in Device Manager is that the System is chewing up a majority of the battery, and only odd thing I notice when I drill down is that Mobile Usage consistently shows 150-250kB being uploaded. AND the phone is connected to a full WIFI signal.
The Battery Use and Mobile Data Graphs seem to line up.

I disabled Mobile Data, and battery is back to normal.

Any idea why the System transmits 150-250kB constantly on Mobile (2G, 4G)? Someone mentioned "disabling error logs", how do I do that? I've been through mostly all settings that look like they would transmit something, and why is this on Mobile when I have a full WIFI signal?

You can't disable the error logging.

You can disable the automatic transmission of these logs.

Settings > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics = OFF

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Mobilink

Hi all,

My problem is a bit different. My mobile shows that my battery has gone to 0% in few minutes from the point it shows 100%. When I recharge it, it takes hardly 10 minutes to get it back to hundred %.

10.2.1.2977 is os release(latest as it says). The problem was happening with me in last month till the time my os got stuck at startup. I bought new battery and had the new os from the market. Though it was a 10.3 developer leaked version. It worked fine for few days but then it would have issues. So I had to use autoloader for installing 10.2 version. Then it upgraded automatically to the latest available release.

It worked fine for few days but now I'm having the abovementioned issue. Any help?

What model Z10 is this, Settings > About > Model Number?

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Here's a question for you, did you leave your phone in the heat? I live in Lancaster and I know how hot it gets down there. 112 here yesterday.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Advisor II

My posts were in reply to rkadam.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.

[ Edited ]

curve8530curve8330 wrote:
My posts were in reply to rkadam.

who? No one named rkadam has posted in this thread in months.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor II

Page 1, or did I click on the wrong thread?