Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Battery Suddenly Draining Faster

curve8530curve8330 wrote:
Page 1, or did I click on the wrong thread?

and with a date?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Did not see that! Thanks for the heads up.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobilink

It's Stl100-1.
Interesting thing is it is Showing 0% since I posted here and I am using it since then without recharging it. Want to have an idea how long does it last

What is likely happening is that your on-device battery meter is off-sync with the actual battery charge. Connect to your OEM wall outlet battery charger and while still connected and powered on, remove the battery a minute to reboot. After reboot leave to fully charge to 100%.
Thus will reset the false charge reading. You may need to do perform this procedure 2-3 times.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Mobilink

yeah this is what actually is.... I have tried this twice but to no avail. I will try again tonight.
When I remove the battery when connected to outlet charger, it stays on for a second and then shuts down. Then I insert battery again and it reboots. Hope I am doing it correctly

SamSaya wrote:
yeah this is what actually is.... I have tried this twice but to no avail. I will try again tonight.
When I remove the battery when connected to outlet charger, it stays on for a second and then shuts down. Then I insert battery again and it reboots. Hope I am doing it correctly

That sounds correct.

Let it charge to 100%, and powered, remove the battery.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Belgacom

Hi,

I am Jan De Pape from Belgium, owning also a Z10, 1 mont ago I had a problem wiht my microfone, I received a new Z10 from the store, and now after 2 weeks, suddenly my battery also is low after some hours.

I see now that this only happens when dataservices are on, and battery is working normal when I shut off this application. Also the screen is becoming very warm, when dataservice appication is swithed on.

For normal working, phone use, bluetooth on, ther are no problems with the battery.

So this must be a hardware problem , but I must go back to the store, an ask for sending my phone back  asking to have another phone and claim warranty for this problem, that have nothing to do with te battery itself.

Many regards, Jan De Pape Belgium

PS: sorry for my bad English writing !Smiley Wink

@JanDePape  Thanks for your post.

You will find that often opening BBM, tapping the lower left menu button and look at your Feeds and other tabs in that line-up might help.

Also, could be simple data syncing on your device, contacts, email etc. A reboot will often help this: Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this..

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Belgacom

I had the same problem, even I haven't G mail.

About 3 weeks, the problem is solved without doiing anything ??

I know the problem was the connection with the dataservices, so I don't know why this suddenly is OK !

My Carrier: WARID

did you fixed your problem?
i'm also having the same problem with my Z10