Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Z10 Blackberry ID Fault On o2 Network

I recently purchased a Z10 as an upgrade for my Bold 9700 which was with o2. I am still with o2 but the problem that i have is that I cannot change the ID on the new Z10 as it keeps directing me to input my previous o2 e-mail address which has now been turned off as the Z10 will not work with username@o2email.co.uk. I have created a new ID using the RIM website feature but i cant go any further as to be able to use the new ID i have to access the old ID and it is not possible as it has been disabled. Can anyone suggest anything to help me get around the issue. Also, I am dismayed that on such a new platform that access to Outlook for e-mail is not possible. The phone will be going back to o2 if i dont get these issues resolved as its only 2 days old.

AMW
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 Blackberry ID Fault On o2 Network

[ Edited ]

The following is what all the previous Blackberry phones I've had and work with.

Normally, with the BB phones once you set the account name it is permanent with the phone's ID. For security reasons the ID is locked to the active profile of the phone. For example, if you lose the phone and someone wants to change the ID with your profile they cannot do this and keep your profile information.

The only way I know of, about how to change the ID is to wipe the phone. When you start up again and set up the profile ID make sure you enter the one you want. Before doing the wipe, remove the password (if you have one) before doing the wipe. Before wiping the phone make a backup image using the Manager software. For the Z10 its called Blackberry Link.

Go to your backup image using the Manager software, and use selective restore. Only restore your schedule, notes, contacts, and shorcuts. Don't restore the complete image because you will bring back the ID information. You will have to re-install any extra downloaded software that is not part of the original operating system after you do this process.

I have not used the new Link software to do a restore. I am assuming as like the previous Desktop Manager it can do a selective restore. 

A work around for selective restore, is to first sync the phone to Hotmail, or Google, or one of the others it will sync with. After wiping the phone, allow it to sync back. After your phone is working again the way you want it put back your password.

The photos, music, and camera pictures should not be wiped if they are on the expansion memory SD card.

If you have problems with this, call Blackberry support. I am sure they can walk you through this.

Jerry G.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Blackberry ID Fault On o2 Network

You will need to do a security wipe on your Z10 before you can enter a different BBID on it. Here are instructions for that:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once you wipe it you can login with a new BBID. Be aware that you will NOT be able to restore a backup that was made using a different BBID. Additionally, you cannot do a selective restore (even if you could restore the old backup) as Jerry posted above. The option for selective restore of certain databases does not exist for the Z10 (or the Playbook.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!