Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update to 10.1.0.273

This is obviously a software fault being experienced by several subscribers. Why have Blackberry not responded and given us an idea of when this will be resolved or at least let us know how to roll back the OS to a previous version on which the Bluetooth handsfree worked perfectly

My Carrier: O2

Same problem - in Renault with built in hands free. No problem up till upgrade of OS, now identical symptoms to those desrbiced above. Most of us are dedicated Blackberry users. Blackberry needs to sort this problem rapidly if they want to keep us ...

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

Helllloooooo earth to blackberry... can we get a fix... we can detect the minutest traces of radiation on the outer rims of the universe... but we cannot get a response or fix for this issue?????

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Rav1004,

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that other devices you've paired with the Z10 that offer handsfree services are off or disconnected when you want to use your car's handsfree.  The Z10 can only handle 1 "handsfree service provider" at a time.

I found this out when I forgot to turn off my Blueant headset and my TomTom cannot connect to my Z10. I initially thought that I'm having bluetooth issues again. But once I turned off my headset, my TomTom automatically connected to the Z10 and worked ok.

Contributor

Not useful, I don't use any other Bluetooth handsfree setup
My Carrier: Telstra

[ Edited ]
I have exactly the same issue as everyone else. Perfectly working fine before upgrade and since the upgrade can't make calls. Audio streaming still works. Renault Koleos with TomTom software. As soon as I try to make a phone call, car hands free disconnects, but the z10 maintains the call and I have to pick up the phone and talk.
Contributor

Apparently, Blackberry do not monitor theses forums and we have to send in Tweets. So, everyone, get on Twitter and bombard Blackberry techies with our problem
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telekom Slovenije

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the exactly SAME issues on my Renault Megane CC 2010 with my new Q10 phone (I have updated it just after getting it to 10.1 so I can't confirm it worked before, but now it doesn't) - I have managed to connect the phone with the car, but when I start a call, the car displays a message "Call disconnected" and it seems that Bluetooth connection stops. This has worked with all previous BB and other phones and I really hope you will be able to solve this issue very soon, especially because I generally LOVE THE PHONE and don't want to be disappointed by something that is so basic...

Thanks!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

I know this has been mentioned a few times, but in each case was the phone listed on the car's web site as being compatible?  If so you may very well find there is an update listed.  Just asking your car dealer can be a waste of time.  The type of BT in my car allows for text messages to appear in the entertainment screen.  That's the only thing mine doesn't do, but I noticed there was a BT update avail for me car.  Dealer did NOT know of this until I pointed it out.

BTW, though this artlcle is about iPhone connection, it's worth reading generally and to see that iPhones also have this issue when upgraded.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1166142/bugs_and_fixes_problems_pairing_iphones_to_bluetooth_audio_s...

Also worth looking at for Renault owners: http://www.renault.co.uk/bluetooth/

A quick glance does not show the 10 series BBerry as being supported by Renault. 

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telekom Slovenije

- All of the phones until now, and most of them are not listed in the documents as supported, are working normally. I have tried to connect every mobile phone every member of family has and EVERY ONE EXCEPT Q10 connects and works successfully.

- How come there are many testimonials that BT worked normally prior to 10.1 firmware upgrade? It seems something was changed in the meantime ...

Compatibility lists for devices such as mobile phones by auto manufacturers don't seem to be a right source to get those things working. Since every other phone works with my car's BT system, I think that Q10 should also work the same way and I hope this will be as soon as possible.