Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Z10 CalDav and CardDav Issues

I have a Mac OSX server running both Address Book Server and Calendar Server (carddav and caldav) which have previoulsly worked perfectly with my iPhones.  Neither of these work on the BlackBerry. I understand that very few implementations of the standard work in the way Apple's does and interrogate the server for the calendars/contacts related to a particular user but efforts to hardcode the absolute address of a calendar or address book in the server field have failed.

There is very little information to indicate whether protocol or port numbers need to be specified in the server address.

In an effort to give the Z10 a chance and aware of Apple's propensity to mess around with standards I have subsequently tried two other calendaring and contacts servers (baikal and radicale to name two) and had no success connecting to either of these with the Z10 either.

Not great.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Z10 CalDav and CardDav Issues

[ Edited ]

I wonder if you could run a program such as OpenChange in front of your existing infrastructure to make it look like an MS Exchange server to your BlackBerry

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

I can confirm this, both with baikal and radicale. It looks like there is something going wrong with authentication because I can see 401 and 405 errors.

I don't have any problems serving caldav and carddav to a Iphone, though. I'll try to gather more information about the problem.

Frank.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Does the baikal problem still exist?

My Carrier: o2

Yes, the problem still exists.
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I finally got CalDav working with Zimbra, everything is good except for one thing: most invites I get are stored with reminders turned off. I have to enable them myself explicitly. Still, it is much much better than having no shared calendar at all, everything else seems to be working, updates sync nicely, etc.

Assuming my email as myuser@mycompany.com, I used settings like this:

User name: myuser@mycompany.com
Email: myuser@mycompany.com
Server: https://mail.mycompany.com/dav/myuser@mycompany.com/Calendar