Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Z10 Calendar Bug (calendar closes when creating new appointment and try to change start date/time)

Hi,

Reporting a bug with my new Z10.  Pretty easy to duplicate:

1. Go to "Calendar"
  2. Click "Add"
  3. Click on the "Starts" drop down
  4. "Calendar" closes

I tried restarting the phone but same result.  It works if you are editing an appointment, just not creating a new appointment.

Thanks,

Jamie

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Calendar Bug (calendar closes when creating new appointment and try to change start date/time)

This is a known issue and will hopefully be fixed in a future update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 Calendar Bug (calendar closes when creating new appointment and try to change start date/time)

I use my cell phone (in descending order of priority) for emails, events and calls.  I have the same bug reported here.  Is it likely to be unique to my specific device or is it a universal failing for all Z-10`s?  If so, is there a work-around otherwise I have to go back to my Bold until its fixed?

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Go to your Settings->accounts and select Set Defaults from the bottom bar.  Change your default calendar to something other than GMail.  KB33621

Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

Worked immediately.  Thank you.  

New Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-3
My Carrier: Telus

This bug is still happening after today's update 10.0.10.85
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

UMLD wrote:
This bug is still happening after today's update 10.0.10.85

I can't reproduce this on 10.0.10.85

New Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-3
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, I can't reproduce it now either. I did reproduce it just after I restarted from the update, so I guess I should have waited and kept trying before posting. Great fix guys.
My Carrier: ATT

I don't have a GMail account - my email is an swbell.net account - and I still have this problem so this 'solution' didn't work for me.  Besides, isn't this a 'work around' and not a solution. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

This was fixed in an update a while ago. Update your O/S and you should be good.