Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: giffgaff

Z10 Camera flash and flashlight app not working in normal mode

Hi, I've had my Z10 for a year now and love it. I recently took a trip to Russia and my mail stopped working. Managed to fix that but now my camera flash does not work nor any flashlight apps. I've got the camera in normal shooting mode and even with the flash selected in a dark room, it will not light up. Any ideas? 

I'm running the latest update 10.2.1.537. The flash stopped working prior to the update. 

Thanks for your help! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Z10 Camera flash and flashlight app not working in normal mode

sarahjk_85 wrote:

Hi, I've had my Z10 for a year now and love it. I recently took a trip to Russia and my mail stopped working. Managed to fix that but now my camera flash does not work nor any flashlight apps. I've got the camera in normal shooting mode and even with the flash selected in a dark room, it will not light up. Any ideas? 

I'm running the latest update 10.2.1.537. The flash stopped working prior to the update. 

Thanks for your help! 

Go to the Help app. and follow instructions to do a virtual test, if test fails then send for repairs.