Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

Z10 Camera issues

I bought the device on the 17th of Feb, the camera worked for 2 days then it started giving me the error "Camera can't be started". I restared the device, it worked for a day, then it stopped for good. I wiped the device, removed the memory card, even the sim card, nothing helped.

yesterday i took the device to Lulu ( Abu Dhabi - UAE) where i bought it from, and they wanted to convince me that the device might be repaired, which i couldnt believe, i will not accept a device that costed me 2600 AED 6 days back, to be opened and repaired!!!

i clearly requested that the device has to be replaced with a new one, but then they told me that it is not in their hands, as the device goes to EMS in Dubai. I talked to EMS call center, the agent told me that as it is only 6 days, if there is any fault and a part needs to be replaced, then the device will be replaced, but I explained to him that yesterday was the 6th day and that the device might reach them on the 7th or 8th day, depends on when Lulu will decide to send it to them, and all what he said is that this is their policy!!!!!! so I might now get back a repaired device, not good customer service at all!!!!!!

Blackberry, I need help... :smileysad:

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Camera issues

First, please understand that This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

I would suggest that you argue heavily that you not receive a repaired device! The device is brand new, and if there is indeed a hardware problem you really do deserve a new device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code