02-22-2013 11:42 AM
02-22-2013 11:45 AM
02-22-2013 11:47 AM
02-22-2013 11:49 AM
02-22-2013 11:55 AM
02-22-2013 11:59 AM
Yes, that's the #, but I'm sure you'd have to go through the troubleshooting problems just like I did so they can determine the level of support, kwim?? They have to assign you a ticket (case) number and all that fun stuff too, but the more people that have the same problem and call to get it logged, it may speed up the process and the first techs you speak with may eventually get the troubleshooting at their level. Maybe??
03-02-2013 11:15 PM
Ok, unfortunately, I waited over a week for a reply from Blackberry and didn't receive a SINGLE call on this issue... not cool guys, not cool.
I found the fix though!
BB LINK BACKUP FIX!!!
Ok, guys i've been at this for a week none stop.
I got it to work - but I used my Mac to do so.
Here's what you do:
1) plug your phone into your mac with all networks on... Start BB Link.
2) Go to settings and in storage toggle the USB Mass Drive option to 'on'.
3) Go to Settings and Blackberry Protect and turn that off.
4) Now turn off all of your networks. Cell, wireless and bluetooth
5) Turn off the internet to your computer. Yup, this is the problem... your computer is patching into your BB ID but your phone is not so they're not communicating - once both are 'mute' they communicate just fine to get a backup!
6) Turn your phone off. NOT restart - OFF. Wait 3 minutes.
7) Turn phone back on.
8) BB Link will connect to phone. Try to backup. It may fail once or twice - but by the third time it should work!
9) Once you get the backup done - security wipe and start over!
10) Restore from backup on your Mac!
All the best guys!
04-05-2013 03:06 PM
Thank you. My process was little bit different - I have a Windows based laptop. But the main problem was signing into Blackberry ID from my Z10 and getting it to sync. After I followed (most) of your steps - i was able to restore my Tourch data over to my new Z10. THANKS! I was afraid I was going to have to return it - with my contacts, passwords and calendar - what good ia a new phone. ahahahaha Cheers.
04-05-2013 03:14 PM
Glad I could help!
Just paying it forward... a nice thanks from BlackBerry would be nice too, had one of the call guys email me saying he has used the fix when counseling others who call in now...