Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 - Can't add new calendar entries on device

Every time I try to add a new appointment to my device calendar the whole application shuts down. I can type in the subject and location without problems, but once I touch the date/time area the entire calendar shuts down. Also, the calendar entries that I copied over from my previous device seem to be locked - I can't open them to read the details or edit them.

Anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix it?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 - Can't add new calendar entries on device

It is a know issue.  My work-around is to enter the subject and location, save and then go back and edit the time afterwards.  PITA for sure.  The alternative is to use voice control - and that allows setting the time when making the calendar entry.
hippo13 wrote:

Every time I try to add a new appointment to my device calendar the whole application shuts down. I can type in the subject and location without problems, but once I touch the date/time area the entire calendar shuts down. Also, the calendar entries that I copied over from my previous device seem to be locked - I can't open them to read the details or edit them.

Anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix it?

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Are you using Gmail or similar, if so the fix is to change the default calendar to the device's local calendar.

KB article here

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE - Uk

Will it still link Your calendar entries with Google account?

If not, it is not a fix then, its a temporary measure until it gets sorted....

We all bought the device because it was capable of doing simple thing like this for us? Am i right?

Regards

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

I don't use Gmail myself, so I can't answer that for you. Smiley Happy I suggest trying what they suggest and seeing how it works for you.

I am sure that the calendar items will come down to the device from Gmail into the Gmail calendar on the device, but I am not sure if it will sync the other way. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PeteNowicki wrote:

Will it still link Your calendar entries with Google account?

If not, it is not a fix then, its a temporary measure until it gets sorted....

Pete, yes the calendar sync with Gmail still works.

When you set up your gmail account, before ever entering an email address, scroll down in the setup screen, and choose the advanced setup,  then choose Exchange Active Sync. You will then use m.google.com for your server address.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code