Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 ; Cant send or receive photo attachments on text messages

Thanks, will certainly try it. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Vodafone in the UK use

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Are you still having this problem? I am on Rogers in Canada and have had this problem for the past 3 months. After the new 10.2 update came out I thought for sure it would help resolve this issue but it didn't. So this is what I did..

Save all of our media files and contacts onto your computer.

Restore your phone to factory settings. 

Once it is erased DO NOT RESTORE. If you restore it will just put the 10.1.4 (or whatever it was) and this update is what messed up my phone.

Then just update to 10.2 (it may do this automatically) and it will work!

This is a pain to have to basically start over with nothing on your phone but it works. My phone doesn't freeze anymore and I can now send pictures through text! Just like a brand new phone!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I JUST FOUND OUT, BELATEDLY, THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR WIFI TURNED OFF AND YOUR DATA TURNED ON...  BELL MOBILITY INFORMED ME OF THIS, WHEN I CALLED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET PHOTOS TO ATTACH TO A TEXT MESSAGE.  AND, YOU MAY HAVE TO HAVE MESSAGING WITH VIDEO OR PHOTO, ETC., ACTIVATED ON YOUR CELL PLAN, I THINK...  ONE JUST CAN'T SEND A PHOTO WITH A TEXT OTHERWISE.  AND DON'T TURN ON YOUR WIFI WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR PLAN DATA...  IT WAS ALL EXPLAINED BY THE BELL REP...

Lots of complaints about this on Apple and other forums~  Why in heck the providers don't tell you about this when you purchase and set up, I haven't a clue...