Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Z10 Contacts and Texts

I have just got my new Z10 , have upgraded from an old BB Pearl ( which for all its limitations  I loved but it was dying ) . I primarily use my BB for work ( it is supplied by my employer) . A massive learning curve as this is my first touchscreen device and smart phone . Lots of questions , but heres my first .

I am struggling to send texts from my "work" area . I only seem to be able to send texts from my "personal" area. However all my contacts are in my work area . I also find that when I go to use my phone there are no contacts showing ( doesn't matter if I'm work or personal area ) . Any ideas ?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Contacts and Texts

chrism8168 wrote:

I have just got my new Z10 , have upgraded from an old BB Pearl ( which for all its limitations  I loved but it was dying ) . I primarily use my BB for work ( it is supplied by my employer) . A massive learning curve as this is my first touchscreen device and smart phone . Lots of questions , but heres my first .

I am struggling to send texts from my "work" area . I only seem to be able to send texts from my "personal" area. However all my contacts are in my work area . I also find that when I go to use my phone there are no contacts showing ( doesn't matter if I'm work or personal area ) . Any ideas ?

The text portion of the phone is for the PERSONAL, there are a few function like that, that are work only from the personal side of the phone, and since the WORK side of it is basically invisible from the personal, that is why your contact that on the WORK side can not be use for text

BTW even taking picture can not be done from the WORK only PERSONAL

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Z10 Contacts and Texts

Wow , this seems very shortsighted !! Especially the camera. I have tried it now and you're right !! . I use my camera for work a great deal and e mail photos on to people . Can't do that now !!

Thxs for the feedback though .

Does anyone know a work around to upload the contacts to personal . A download and upload software perhaps ?

Chris M