Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 Contacts missing

I found some of the contacts are missing. I mean I had manually inputted those contacts but couldn't find it any more even through search. However, when I tried to add that contact name again and click on save, the screen shows the contact is already exist. If I don't save the newly inputted name, I still can't find it from the contacts even the screen shows it's exist. What's wrong with it? 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Z10 Contacts missing

Hi..

Try to hard reset the device.. and check again 

Or look for any update for the Device OS available.

Thanks

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Contributor
My Device: blacberry torch 2012
My Carrier: airtel

Please search contact setting and turn on SIM and Phone contact both display on ...then your entered number will show..

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

New Contributor

Yes, I did all the necessary steps like 10 second reset the phone or even pull up the battery, but doesn't work. Originally I thought the OS update could solve the problem but I have updated couple times OS but the problem still exist.

Initially, I have all my account linked to the contacts. However, this caused a lot of trouble since the contact names been duplicated a lot of times. Then I turn off some of the accounts contacts but still leave the SIM contact, my company contact and Yahoo contact on. 

The problem is when you just input the conacts, you can find it there and use it.  All the missing contacts happend after you didn't use these contacts for a while, maybe a month or two, then you have trouble to find some of the contacts. If you add that missing name again and try to save, the screen will shows the contact is exist but you really can't find that name from your contact app if you choose don't save it again.

New Contributor

Sorry, I just notice you mentioned to turn on both SIM contact and phone contact. What is the phone contact?

I only see SIM contact and BBM and my e-mail accounts contacts from my setting. Maybe that phone contact is the one I was missing and cause the problem?