Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Z10 Data Roaming Issue With AT&T

Just bought a new Z10, but after inserting my existing AT&T SIM card, I am unable to get data. I am not sure what the issue is, anyone else have the same problem? Data roaming works fine on my BB 9700
Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Data Roaming Issue With AT&T

1. Make sure you get a new microSIM from ATT.

2. Make sure ATT removes the old existing BIS BlackBerry Data Plan off your account. You now need ONLY a full data plan, not a social or lite data plan.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I trimmed the sim to a micro and inserted into the z10. I can make calls, but no data. Do I still need to contact AT&T?
Highlighted
New Contributor

I switched mobile network to manual and found a service provider that connected finally... I am in Hong Kong and pccw works... Smart tone doesn't..... I don't know what this means and is concerned for when I travel to china, Europe and other countries.... Can anyone shed some light?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

Yes, contact them and get the APN for the data.

My phone was Virgin Wireless, now unlocked. My Digicel sim worked fine, but no data as the APN was set to a default BB one, so the carrier's APN needed to be re-entered. In my case, I knew the APN but didn't know that they were now using a new one ! So took it to the carrier, the rep entered it and it connected instantly. If you know the APN, you can enter it yourself in SETTINGS/MOBILE NETWORK/APN then save it.

Last I checked the AT&T APN settings were uneditable. But you can also ask ATT about that, as the APN settings are controlled by the carrier.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Is it AT&T that is locking people onto LTE? If so is the SIM you trimmed down capable of LTE?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

APN being locked by AT&T is quite possible. On an unlocked phone it would be editable but in either case the APN would be controlled/set by AT&T.
I have not seen an AT&T branded Z10 in person but seeing the ugly branding on the box I'd be scared they'd have a load of custom **bleep** loaded on the phone and haphazard custom OS updates. I'd trust TM more.
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Plunjer wrote:
APN being locked by AT&T is quite possible. On an unlocked phone it would be editable but in either case the APN would be controlled/set by AT&T.
I have not seen an AT&T branded Z10 in person but seeing the ugly branding on the box I'd be scared they'd have a load of custom **bleep** loaded on the phone and haphazard custom OS updates. I'd trust TM more.

A majority of the carriers that I have seen users report on have all locked down the APN, and that is controlled by the SIM in the phone at the time. My phone is unlocked and the APN is currently set to Roger's APN and I cannot change it. Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy

Plunjer wrote:

ATT is locked. Trust me. I know.

Plunjer wrote:

Actually no, just a couple of apps, not a big deal.

Knowledge Base Updates