Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sim Free (factory unlocked)

Re: Z10 Device PIN Locked IMEI XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my Z10, early September I noticed when I woke up in the morning with the "Device Pin Blocked" issue. I thought it was a wrong password problem so I quickly factory restored it. Then it all came up normal again but after about 15 minutes it showed the same message again.

I called the blackberry customer care 01753558410 and they passed me on to the technical support but I was told to pay 39 dollars to fix the problem which I did pay. The technical support assistant asked me where i bought the device and I told him at the Phones4U (with Orange) shop. And he referred me to my service provider but i told him I am no longer with orange as the phone was sim free with factory unlock. 

I went to the Orange shop and they told me they no longer have any record of me. This was because I went to Nigeria and I didnt use the sim for over 3 months, when I got back I inserted the sim and i noticed it has expired over the 3 months. I went to the Orange shop and I was told my number as been transferred to another network provider. Before this happened, I used many other providers on the phone (MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT which are all Nigeria service providers) and it worked fine.

I have called the blackberry technical support team over and over again and each time they refere me to my service provider. I have waited for over 3 hours on each of those calls I made. 

I regret getting this device as its now useless, its still in the Original Phone pack I bought it with. I'm tired of calling BB technical support. Is there any solution for my phone to be useful again?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fuludupeace wrote:

Is there any solution for my phone to be useful again?

Honestly? Call back to BlackBerry Technical support and don't allow them to transfer you back to your mobile operator. You've paid the per incident fee for support and they should support you. Be firm... they can fix this.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Sim Free (factory unlocked)

Hello guys, I'm so excited right now. I called the technical support team again and they helped me fixed the device back, it's all up and running again. I want to say a big thanks you to Kelvin from the blackberry technical support team. I really appreciate all your help and support, thanks a million.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: EMT

Wait 2 more days and if it works after that, then you are saved. Mine worked 2 days, then got locked again.
This time I had incident number and just sent them e-mail and after an hour it started working again.

Glad that you can use your phone again. Really love this piece.