Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Z10 Disables Laptop Wireless

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I just picked up a Z10. I've connected it to my laptop via USB cable just like I've done with my past BB's. The problem I'm having is; when I connect my Z10 to my laptop, my wireless becomes disabled. This did not happen with my past BB's. I have tethering on the Z10 turned off.

I'm on a Dell Latitude, with Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 32-bit. I spoke to a colleague of mine, and his new Z10 does the same thing.

Any help on how to stop this from happening would be great.

Thanks,

Brad

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Disables Laptop Wireless

I just got my Z10 and the very same thing occurs. A new network adapter is installed when the Z10 is connected. I go in each time and disable it, which fixes the problem. However, when I disconnect and connect again, yet another adapter gets installed.

Does anyone know how to tell the Z10, or Windows 7, how to stop treating the Z10 as a network adapter? Note, I also have tethering turned off, but will need that eventually as well.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Disables Laptop Wireless

I need to provide an update here... I installed the latest version of the Blackberry Link and now everything appears to be working fine.... for now at least....