Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Z10 Email Problems

Hi

I have an IMAP account running on a Mac OSX server which I cannot set up on the device.  I get unvailable/incorrect log in messages.  From the server logs it appears the connections are coming not from the device but from BlackBerry's infrastructure.  This account has worked perfectly with my iPhone and Android devices forever.

I have managed to throw Z-Push in front of the IMAP server and set it up as an ActiveSync account to get email.  Unfortunately this has mangled the IMAP folder structure appearance on the device and it's only a partial implementation of the spec so sent messages don't have my name on etc.  At the moment this is the only way I can actually do my email so I don't really have a choice.  I cannot believe that a modern smartphone device is having issues connecting to a Dovecot IMAP server.

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Z10 Email Problems

hello,

can you write down the server logs here? I personally do not have the knowledge to help you, but maybe another contributor here will.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Z10 Email Problems

Hi

Despite something like six or seven failed attempts yesterday, my attempt to reproduce this today so I can grab the logs has worked!  I can only assume that being bleeding edge technology, BlackBerry are still doing things in the background with their infrastructure to get this stuff working.  I now have some more issues but will post them in a new thread.

Cheers

Ali