Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 Email time stamp

Bump... Helllooooo... ? Does anybody know if these forums are monitored by RIM/BB? This annoyance is starting to make me question the decision to stick with BB and buy a Z10! I'm really liking this phone and have always been a supporter of BB but, if there is anything my BB MUST do correctly, it's email...

I went the Google route and they basically told me their Google Apps Sync tool was working correctly and talk to BB.

mcraven wrote:

I sync my Z10 back to my gmail account with ActiveSync and then I also have Outlook syncing via the Google Apps Sync tool for Outlook. To be clear, my timestamps look fine on the Z10 and in gmail.... my issue is that mail sent from my BB is 5 hours in the "future" in Outlook after it is synced from gmail --> Outlook.

it's not clear to me if this is a BB bug (i.e. I'm not sure if the BB timestamp is a valid way to format timestamps). It's different and gmail seems to deal with it.... but the syncing from gmail into Outlook seems to be struggling.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Hey all, I did a lengthy piece on this on one of my posts as I was about to get rid of all my BlackBerry loyalty. I think This issue links back to a bigger one and I believe it is with the BlackBerry development team. If you can search by my handle you will see my long post on emails not being sent correctly and in my case not at all if using a hosted domain.
New Contributor
My Carrier: 1&1

Thanks to one guy before here, I checked if I can configure my mailserver to fix it on our server site:

It is possible with postfix. You have to install the header_checks component and add:

/^DateSmiley Sad.*)/    Replace X-Date $1

This will check if the date is in the correct format (it is not, cause BB10 does not add the timezone like +0100 (CET)), so if it is not the correct format, postfix will replace it with the right one.

So now it works for me, but Blackberry should work on that, to send correct email header. Otherwise people who do not own the server, have a big problem.

thanks for the hint!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

You are welcome xxxlobixxx. It's too bad I can't implement my own solution because I do not own the server! Smiley Happy

BB... we still love you... but if you don't take care us, someone else will. The 10 is a wonderful phone and operating system, but what BlackBerry has going for it ALWAYS is email and as a result... customer loyalty. They go hand in hand...

I don't want to be the last person on the planet with a Blackberry... a cult of 1 is not fun.

Long live blackberry... now get your $±¡¥ together
New Contributor
My Carrier: 1&1

ha what is the emoticon doing there Smiley Happy

it should be a ":" and a "." instead of the smily, just for your information.

New Contributor

Hello all, I really hope that Blackberry is monitoring this thread. I am with Rogers here in Canada and I too am having this same issue. I have the latest patch the .85 patch but this issue is still present. It seems that Z10 does not format the Date field in the email headers with the GMT offset so, while emails are shown in your correct timezone on your phone, certain email clients on the recipient end will not and will always show your email in GMT time.

I can confirm that Gmail servers fixes this issue automatically.

However, Ymail (Yahoo) will not. Neither will Zimbra.

Blackberry, this needs an urgent patch as this affects business operations and most of your core loyal group which you cannot afford to lose at this important juncture.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

I am with you on BB losing there core following by effing up email in so many ways.

There is a whole other set of threads on email getting erased. I myself have been trying to figure out the rhyme and reasoning for how the Z10 works with my pop and imap accounts and still get all my mail to my laptop as the primary. Sometimes it works like it should and other times stuff is just gone on the server and often on the Z10.

I don't know a lot about the server side and have hosted email, so no control. Do you think that this erronius time stamp could be why the server gets confused? Is it possible that they are seeing pre-dated mail as SPAM or hacking and trashing them?

Thanks for your time.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Yes. Spam blockers will prevent emails leaving server although it looks like it does. I have posted in detail on it. Look up my handle and see emails not being sent out post.
Forums Advisor III

monkeno wrote:

I am with you on BB losing there core following by effing up email in so many ways.

There is a whole other set of threads on email getting erased. I myself have been trying to figure out the rhyme and reasoning for how the Z10 works with my pop and imap accounts and still get all my mail to my laptop as the primary. Sometimes it works like it should and other times stuff is just gone on the server and often on the Z10.

I don't know a lot about the server side and have hosted email, so no control. Do you think that this erronius time stamp could be why the server gets confused? Is it possible that they are seeing pre-dated mail as SPAM or hacking and trashing them?

Thanks for your time.

Hi there @monkeno,

Your best bet if it is available to you is to dump POP access completely, on Outlook, the Z10 and other email clients that you use. Switch to IMAP, it offers complete synchronization and it is actually quite good.

I was a heavy pop user prior to getting the Z10 and it took me a while to figure out the same exact issues that you are having, there is quite a long post about my results here. Having them marked as read by outlook on download is the same issue as having outlook delete them on download (or after X number of days after download.) They are changed on the server by POP, either marked as read on download, or deleted by outlook from the server. Once that change is made on the server it is reflected on the Z10.

Using IMAP across the board will offer you complete and total reconcilliation. Flagged, read / unread markings and message filings will reflect across all of your clients and you won't have to do any of it twice anywhere anymore.

The only thing to watch out for is that right now, is that if you delete a message on the Z10 it is currently performing "hard deletes" on the server. Which means that they will be completely gone for all servers, forever. To get around this issue, until they change the way that it is working, simply file the messages rather than delete them. Smiley Happy

As far as having control of your hosted email, you should have a hosting provider that you can contact regarding any issues that you are having with your accounts. You pay them for a service, and as such they should be willing to honour requests that you may have (within reason) with changes and results. If they are not, then you can always look for an upstream provider that will. I know that I do for my clients. Smiley Happy

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here.. this community of fellow users will do their best to help you out.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi all,

Just to add to my previous posting about this particular Email Header Date field issue, one additional bit of info.  I'm actually already on IMAP for ALL my email accounts, so, this isn't a POP issue.

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to raise this issue to Blackberry Support?  I'm a loyal Blackberry support and I'm patient with BB10 as it is a new OS and I'm an early adopter.  However, I need to know that BB Support at least KNOWS about this issue and is currently working on it.

I tried calling Rogers (Canada) support line and they said that they do not support BB OS issues.  They only support hardware issues (e.g. if phone died and I need to replace etc.)  However, when it comes to direct BB Operating System issues/bugs, they are hands off.  They (Rogers) will not even jot down my issue and raise it with BB on behalf of their customer!

BB Support themselves do not provide any direct support and it is a pay by incident support (even if this is a BB OS10 bug).  So, how do you raise this issue with BB so that they are aware of it?