Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Proximus

Z10 Flip shell not working

Hello,

I just bought a Z10 with the Blackberry flip shell with automatic power saving technology.

But when I close my case my phone doesn't go in standby.

I've checked if the magnet is installed in the case and it is.

Do I have to enable this function on my phone to work?

Thanks,

Djo

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Z10 Flip shell not working

I think you can only set for answering and ending calls, touch the phone 'Off Hook' icon', swipe on top, 'Setting' - 'Holster'.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The sensor is on the left side of the device about half way up. Take a magnet and run it over the left middle of the screen and see if the device shuts off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Djowanaatje wrote:

Hello,

I just bought a Z10 with the Blackberry flip shell with automatic power saving technology.

But when I close my case my phone doesn't go in standby.

I've checked if the magnet is installed in the case and it is.

Do I have to enable this function on my phone to work?

Thanks,

Djo

I have the same original BB flip shell. It has a little magnet built in the flip but not always working for me either. Sometimes it turns the screen OFF.... sometimes it doesn`t. Not too concerned....my display is set to turn off after 20 seconds anyway.....  

Developer
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

I've the same problem.

I've just bought a flip case for my Z10. The sensor isn't working.

However, I find if I take my Z10 out and put its back on top of the cover, it will detect and turn off. It's like the sensor is wrong or the magnet is not strong enough.

Can we report this to BlackBerry?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

I found that because the flip cover has a fold in the centre, it sometimes made double contact when opening. The cover would answer a call then immediately hangup (no longer use this feature). I found that the wakeup and sleep feature works consistently when I hold the back half (which has the magnet) lift the leading half then the back and visa versa.