Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Z10 Forgets my Email Password...

Orange do not need to escalate me as they know it is an issue with the operating system BB 10 of the BlackBerry phone the Z10. In the past, when having hardware or software problems, with other companies such as Apple I have been able to speak directly with an engineer, not a tech support person reading from a list of computerised questions. This is because I am helping the company identify and maybe even diagnose an issue with their hardware or software. These companies are always more then grateful for the help as I am helping them improve their service or software. My last such call was with an Apple engineer are their US base. We spoke over a number of days about how their new OS 10.8 would not recognise one of their models of AirPort card. At the end of this they had memory dumps of my computer, I had swapped out different bits of hardware and eventually they are able to identify the problem and provide a solution in the next OS update. When I rang BlackBerry they wanted $50 for the privilege and the person on the other end of the phone had trouble understanding my English language and even the problem I was experiencing. If I wanted to call BB to ask them how to setup an account, take a photo etc... then I would expect to pay ( after maybe a 90 day period like the competition offer ). What I do not expect is to pay $50 to inform them of a bug in their new flagship software / phone which 'may' be refunded if BB deem so.
Contributor

@Woodstock You will need to wait for BlackBerry to release a software update which fixes the error. I am told they know of it but unless you want to spend $50 finding out why / when then I guess we will just have to wait. I find it a bit odd BlackBerry did not test their 'best in class' communications device with a very popular email provider and that of their competition.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

ok, disappointing but at least I won't waste any more time on it. Thank you.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

shadowmatt wrote:
Orange do not need to escalate me as they know it is an issue with the operating system BB 10 of the BlackBerry phone the Z10. .

Ugh. Yes, they do. If you refuse to follow the prescribed support method, then don't complain that the support model doesn't work. The more BlackBerry hears DIRECTLY from the mobile providers of this issue, the more it is "logged" and the higher attention it will get.

shadowmatt wrote:
 In the past, when having hardware or software problems, with other companies such as Apple I have been able to speak directly with an engineer, not a tech support person reading from a list of computerised questions.

That's Apple, not BlackBerry. BlackBerry and Apple have to very different support models. Think: if your auto has a warranty issue, you don't call Tokyo or Detroit with the issue, you contact your local dealer. BlackBerry follows a similar support model.

shadowmatt wrote:
 My last such call was with an Apple engineer are their US base. We spoke over a number of days about how their new OS 10.8 would not recognise one of their models of AirPort card. At the end of this they had memory dumps of my computer, I had swapped out different bits of hardware and eventually they are able to identify the problem and provide a solution in the next OS update.

And, you would get the very same support from BlackBerry once you've had the issue escalated by Orange, issued an incident support case number and with follow up phone calls, etc. Much the same. I've done this with Apple and BlackBerry both.

shadowmatt wrote:
 If I wanted to call BB to ask them how to setup an account, take a photo etc... then I would expect to pay ( after maybe a 90 day period like the competition offer ). What I do not expect is to pay $50 to inform them of a bug in their new flagship software / phone which 'may' be refunded if BB deem so.

No, that would be silly. You call Orange.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

[ Edited ]

Woodstock wrote:

ok, disappointing but at least I won't waste any more time on it. Thank you.

Woodstock, scroll up and read. You need to call O2 for support on this issue and ask the issue to be ESCALATED to BlackBerry technical support, sometimes called Tier Two support.

It's not as complicated as shadowmatt is making it out to be.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

@JSanders I find your reply insulting.

Orange did not want to escilate the case as they had a solutuion. They said it was a software issue and I would need to wait for an OS update. Many other customers are reporting that as well they said. Im guessing that Orange and other networks act as a barrier between the customer and Blackberry and so it they can, they will try to not escalate a call.

You point about calling Detroit is not just insuting but plainly wrong and looking to start an argument. Wanna bet I cant place a call to Ford UK, Audi UK etc... and get compitent customer service? If they did then decide to help me they would give me a pick of local dealers and arrange with them the repair.

The UK Blackberry website tells me "Should you require additional assistance, you can contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team at 0800 096 2201 by pressing 2 and waiting for the incident support option".

This is the 3rd option after "Self Help" and "Ask".

There is no instruction for calling the network first and if you follow BB's instructions then its phone them, give out a load of details, then an option of either being charged or calling your network.

Then when you call your network you are told its a BB software issue and there is nothing network can do about it. Thats because there the network has no control over the software or hardware of 3rd party manufactures as they are just a network. Being technical enough to understand the underlying issue its obvious calling the network wont help.

Think: If your shower stops working do you call the water company or the shower manufacturer?

Its as complicated as BlackBerry want to make it. All I did was describe the run around I had been given.

That run around continuing of course as some 'Resident Expert' tries to explain to me how car warranties work.

It has to be said as well, the solution you provided, delete and add the account, is probably the 3rd most popular support option after "is it turned on" and "can you see the internet". By calling BlackBerry I had hoped to speak to someone who could provide a little bit more assistance than I could get from a 5 year old.

shadowmatt, you can choose to feel insulted or not. I can't control how you feel.

I'm just stating the facts about how BlackBerry technical support is modeled. You can disagree til the day is long, and it stil is what it is.

Your problem is Orange not escalating the issue. Period.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

@JSanders Im not sure how you attained the rank of 'Resident Expert' but if you are in anyway employed by BlackBerry then is reflects badly on them as a company.

Stating 'facts' is one thing but you can see for yourself the BlackBerry website provides a different route from the one you describe. To then reply to my post saying its my fault and I am making the process longer than nessessary is not very professional. Especially when I followed BlackBerrys instructions to the letter.

My problem is not with Orange as you 'diagnosed' it is with BlackBerry and their operating system that is unable to correctly operate as advertised.

[ Edited ]

No, I am not employed by BlackBerry in anyway. I attained the rank by helping others.

Yes, there is another route for direct support from BlackBerry, and the cost is $49USD for that per incident support. You had already discussed in this thread, and I understood you were not pleased with that route, and my understanding that as such, I was stating the "other" and most preferred method of support, the FREE route -- that of contacting your mobile provider and having the issue escalated to BlackBerry's tier two tech support.

shadowmatt wrote:

My problem is not with Orange as you 'diagnosed' it is with BlackBerry and their operating system that is unable to correctly operate as advertised.

And because you have contracted with Orange for technical support for the BlackBerry hardware AND the BlackBerry software services (which includes the operating system!), Orange is your contact for all frontline technical support related to your BlackBerry. That, or the per incident support by fee.

You can keep arguing your insistance that you're right, but it's all off-topic in this thread at this point.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 02

hi 

my z10 is doing the same and has been up 5 times a day

im or was a blackberry fan but this is infuriating

blackberry support dont want to know about this one!!!!