Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Z10 Forgets password

[ Edited ]

The one account I was (and am still intermittently) is also a POP account. Funny thing is when it asks me to re-enter my password. It will say it didn't work... but it does. T-mo usa is very good at getting BBerry on the phone. I'll check account end and then see if BBerry has some wisdom. Will report back.

BTW... your POP accounts aren't with AT&T Business Internet Service, are they?  Mine is. 

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T Mobile

No, neither are with them. It will be interesting to hear their response.

New Contributor
My Device: z30
My Carrier: 3

My Z30 keeps forgetting passwords to my IMAP and exchange accounts. I've tried everything and I'm at the end of my tether with this phone. Is there any way of finding out if BB will be resolving this issue in the next update?
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Hey, colpart, BBerry may forget, but I didn't... in fact, of course, our issues may be different. I still have an open ticket with BBerry on this as they are puzzled, as am I. Here's what I get on a once a day basis: I will receive and error stating that my POP account is not responding, despite the fact that I have sync set for manual.

But here's what confusing BBerry (and moi): is that if I ignore the message and attempt to download my mail, it works. Then the error message goes away. Odd. And that's why no one can put their finger on it. However I do know my POP server has been "fixing" things at their end, and -- at least in my case -- that could be the issue. If I hear more will report back Happy New Year!

Contributor

mmm, interesting., I have just come to the conclusion that I will have to type in my password every morning. I know it is sad but I am afraid that my love of Blackberry is slowly ebbing away with each compromise I have to make.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

colpart wrote:

mmm, interesting., I have just come to the conclusion that I will have to type in my password every morning. I know it is sad but I am afraid that my love of Blackberry is slowly ebbing away with each compromise I have to make.

No, I doubt you will need to do that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Colpart

Have you tried what I do: ignore the warning. Again, what I have discovered is, the account not only works, but the warning goes away. When the message shows up, I do a refresh, it gives me my email and the message disappears.

Forums Advisor II

Quick update just to compare: this has stopped happening for me. (T-mo USA).
Contributor

Hi, mine didn't do it this morning, for the 1st time. It has reverted back to an old problem though - if I read an email in 1 of my accounts, it doesn't get sent to my computer. The other account is fine - both are POP accounts.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you mean that the "read" attribute does not show the same email read on your computer?

POP accounts do not sync read status.

IMAP accounts do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code