Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Z10 Freezing, Won't Unlock

Has anyone else expereinced problems with the Z10 freezing on the lock screen?  It's been different symptoms but still the same end problem:

Lock Screen:

* Can't "slide up" - screen just not responsive, can't even use the camera.

* Can slide up, the password box comes up, but no keyboard.

* Once had the black screen Cancel/Lock/Restard with "lock" greyed out.

Hub:

* Reading a message via the hub, I'm unable to 'swipe' out of it, I can use the phone but just not anything to do with messaging.

Battery pull cures all the above.

Seen the 'leaked' OS update, are these common problems and will they be patched? One or two restarts a day really isn't great and not great on the battery either.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Freezing, Won't Unlock

Yup and only got worse as tome went on until I was pulling the battery 5-6 or more times a day due to freezing or locking up.
Called Rogers and had a replacement Z10 sent... so far so good with that problem ... but now my phone doesn't always ring and having to reboot it to fix that now ...

Good thing I still have my iPhone :/
Contributor
My Device: using Android
My Carrier: mobifone

I really worry before buying!!! Why BB never reply on those freeze problem?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I guess I have been fortunate to not to experience your issues, but I am sure it is frustrating , to re-boot your device. You might want to do a secure wipe and start from scratch.. something must have been screwed up in the OS. Hope the new OS update will resolve some of these issues. I see Blackberry admin are watching these forums and taking notes. But I would try the secure swipe first to see if it solves your problem until and update has been released. With QNX OS you should have to do this.

Contributor
My Device: using Android
My Carrier: mobifone

Arsen,what did you mean QNX OS should to do? I saw the OS is using on the cars, how safely when it reboot? Very worry!!!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Just my understaning of the OS,, we should't have to re-boot to resolve issues.. But I guess the first version of the OS still has some bugs and a reboot is required, which is frustrating.. So hope future upgrades of the OS will require less to no reboots.. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry can't even think they are in the same league as Android or iOS until some of these fundamental flaws are resolved ... Some of us have a next to useless device at the moment that can't be trusted for business ... missing calls due to not ringing is inexcusable in my opinion
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies... nice (worrying) to know I'm not on my own.

Would really like someone from BB to say that (at least) the problem has been noted and a fix is in the works.

BTW, regarding the comment about stabiltiy Vs Android... I had a android handset for a few weeks as a test for work - was terrible, froze all the time, apps getting "process.com...forced closed" errors, I think the new BB10 OS is far superior to android, just the reliabiltiy that keeps it from giving iOS a run for it's money. 

I suppose it's the very first public release, hopefully there'll be something official soon.  Been really disappointed in the (lack of) comm's from BB/RIM about products, prices, specs etc. :-/

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Mine too was freezing and wouldn't unlock.  Took it back to Telus after only a week and a half; they gave me a new one.  It's worse!!  I know it's a Blackberry and they're all about pulling the battery but that's as old and tired as my Curve.  I really want to keep this Z10 but I have to admit Android is looking better all the time.  DH has NEVER had to pull the battery on his Samsung.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

After reading all the emails in this area, I would suggest to reintall the operating system. I don't know the details off hand where the download is on the Blackberry site.

To re-install you will have to first download it in to your computer while the phone is connected. The phone will need a WiFi or mobile data connection to be active at the same time. The process can take over an hour to complete.

When I first received my Z10 I had some issues.  The phone ring sometimes stopped. The phone would sometimes loose track of its own registered ID.  Since I re-intalled the OS the faults dissapeared so-far.

Jerry G.