11-19-2013 07:33 AM
11-19-2013 10:59 AM
11-19-2013 11:22 AM
You may consider the option below and if you do I would suggest setting up email accounts as the first thing to do after Restore.
You can restore your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.
To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.
Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.
11-19-2013 01:44 PM
01-11-2014 06:07 PM - edited 01-11-2014 06:19 PM
I had the exact same problem, but eventually managed to solve it. I'll explain what I did here, even though I know the OP has since abandoned his BlackBerry because of this very problem (see http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/z
I had had my Outlook.com email account set up and working flawlessly on my BlackBerry Q10 flawlessly for over six months, until one day (today) it suddenly started exhibiting issues. For instance, draft emails would not save and I could not access my filed emails, among other issues. So I thought, "hmm... deleting and readding the account should fix the issue." But it didn't. I got this exact error message every time and method I used to attempt to setup the account:
Expecting , delimiter: line 1 column 236 (char 236)
which I took to read as "Expecting comma delimiter..." which is a classic API issue.
Right away this sounded like a server-side issue, so to verify I created a dummy Outlook.com and set it up on my BlackBerry, and it worked flawlessly. There--proof that this had nothing to do with the fact that I was running a leaked OS. Phew.
Then I thought, "is there some sort of setting on Outlook.com's web client that I could change?" There wasn't, but then it hit me. "What if if change my password?" I logged into Outlook.com in a web browser and changed my password.
And that was it. It worked! I deleted the dummy account and went on my merry way with my fantastic Q10.
01-13-2014 05:19 AM
Many thanks for the response. In my quest for a solution, I also set up a dummy outlook.com email account which also failed in exactly the same manner.
If I still had the phone I would try changing my password. As it is, I returned the phone and got a refund. I was very dissappointed to be doing so. The phone worked perfectly with the exception of being able to set up my primary email account. This rendered it useless to me.
The responses from this forum and crackberry have been helpful. The responses from Blackberry themselves have been non existent. With "service" like this, it is easy to understand why some may shy away from Blackberry in favour of something else.