Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Z10 - How can you access storage?

I took several photos with the Z10 prior to downloading BB Link. When I sync'd the Z10 with my computer it upgraded the software and deleted all of my photos, texts, call logs etc. It appears that my photos are still in 'storage' but without a way to retrieve them. Is there a way to get them back? Can anyone help?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Re: Z10 - How can you access storage?

If they are not on your SD card ( if you have one installed ), check the Icon on your desktop of your  Z10 that says "Box"

Here, whatever pictures or songs you create, are automatically uploaded for retrieval in case you lose the ones on your phone.

I cant recall if you have to activate the service first to make it work, but you might want to check that.

New Contributor

My phone does have an SD card. The photos were only on my phone and were originally accessible by touching the pictures icon. When I did the required software update in order to sync the phone the photos disappeared. I was never able to sync to my computer. However when I look at the storage under the settings heading on the phone I can see that something is still there taking up almost 20MB. I believe that these are my pics but I do not know how to retrieve them. I have tried backing up and restoring my phone using the Z10 software but to no avail. I was hoping to get these back since they were vacation photos. Is there a phone number for BB support?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

[ Edited ]

They may have saved on your SD card also.. To check this, connect your phone to your USB port on your computer, then in "my computer"  check for your volume storage, as there should be 2 drives indicated, one for your phone, and one for your SD card.. Search inside both to check if your photos are possibly still there.

On my computer, drive "Y" is my SD card, and drive "Z" is my phone

My Device: z10
My Carrier: blackberry

[ Edited ]

change your phone or contact me at

Highlighted
New Contributor

Please guide away.