Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

(Z10)How to disable synchronization of e-mails?

Hello,

I currently have a Blackberry Z10, and I wonder if it is possible to disable the synchronization of e-mails, without interrupting the data connection.

I already tried to sync manually e-mails, but this solution doesn't suit me... e-mails continue to download automatically .

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: (Z10)How to disable synchronization of e-mails?

The method will depend upon the type of email account you're using.  If you're using Outlook.com (or Hotmail, Live.com) ActiveSync email, you can go to settings > Accounts > select the email account.  Scroll down and toggle "Sync Email" to off.

IMAP email (such as Gmail, is a little different.  There isn't an on/off switch.  If you don't want to switch to manual, you could change the accont password - which would "unsync" your email from the device.

For both of these, you would be essentially re-syncing all the email when you re-connected, and incur data charges.  If you are going to do so, I'd suggest being on WiFi when re-connecting.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: (Z10)How to disable synchronization of e-mails?

The type of email I use is IMAP, so I have my response.
I will change my account password, when I want to block It.

Thank you very much for your help, have a nice day.