Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 Issues, Unit Rebooting It Self, Erasing Emails

I see by other posts that other people are having issues with there Z10 rebooting it self. Mine will reboot it self 2 to 3 times a day is there any fix for this ? Also my Z10 will erase my emails after 2 or 3 days and I can not seem to find a setting like in my torch for never deleting emails. Does any one know how to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Issues, Unit Rebooting It Self, Erasing Emails

Sounds like two separate problems. Lets start with the emails.

This depends on the type of email you have setup on the device. For ActiveSync accounts the maximum number of days to sync mail is 30 days but can be set to as low as 3 days. You can't store emails on the device longer than that. Look in your email account settings and see what it's set to. Additionally, if you use Outlook or a similar program that downloads emails and then removes them from the server they will delete from the Z10. The Z10 mirrors what is on the server up to the max number of days you specify in the account settings.

As for the device rebooting itself I would talk to your carrier about that. If they can't resolve the issue they need to escalate your case to BlackBerry Technical Support. My Z10 has never rebooted itself in the month I've had it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!