Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 - Just an update

Do you know something about this matter outside Italy?

Did you here anything about Z10/BB Link  good performance  with MAC?

Thanks for your help

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
(O. Wilde)
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Have you tried disabling your antivirus and firewall?

BlackBerry 10 smartphone is unable to connect to BlackBerry Link via USB  

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Thanks JS. No, I did,t try, no firewall on my PC, but I will disable Avira to check.

But, after reading a lot of threads, I understood that a lot of people have connection problems.

My connection between Z10 and PC is OK, the problem is the backup and the sync of important data. I would say that if we consider just media (pictures and music) the BB Link works properly...

In any case I will try with the antivirus off and also, it appears to me funny but I read it, in airplane mode !

I'll let you know !

(O. Wilde)
Regular Contributor

I've disabled Avira, restarted PC.

No change at all.

No backup, no sync of data ecluding media.

I'm seriously thinking to leave Z10 for the moment.

(O. Wilde)

And Vodafone still won't escalate this issue for you?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

I paid in full my Z10, it was not connected to Vodafone offers, I just wanted it, and I bought it by Vodafone because I'm client there since 20 years!

They say that they can give the address of BB assistance...

But please JS, tell me one thing: you're using your Z10 without any problems? Does your phone sync all the data with your PC? BB Link backup your Z10?

I would like to understand if I have a number of problems to solve or just have to wait a new release of software.

Thanks in advance

(O. Wilde)

mamario62 wrote:

I paid in full my Z10, it was not connected to Vodafone offers, I just wanted it, and I bought it by Vodafone because I'm client there since 20 years!

But are you paying Vodafone for monthly mobile network service? Then they also are you primary technical support.

mamario62 wrote:

But please JS, tell me one thing: you're using your Z10 without any problems? Does your phone sync all the data with your PC? BB Link backup your Z10?

I would like to understand if I have a number of problems to solve or just have to wait a new release of

Currently, mine is backing up fine. I did originally have issues doing so, the backup options in Link would not appear.  I got some troubleshooting tips through Support, temporarily turned off my antivirus and firewalls, removed from my device manager, etc., and rebooted and it began to work.

Oh. I also had to remove my media card before the backup worked. Try that. Since, I've left my media card in the Z10 and it continues to work.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

Hi JS, I just had a long (kind) discussion with a vodafone technician.

They have a list of hundreds claims coming from clients with my problem, they discuss the matter with their major competitor (telecom) and found out same situation, Hope something will come out.

BB LInk doesn't work and he reminds me another claim reported, that I forgot to ask you: I cannot delete a message from my device, before downloading it on my PC, otherwise would be lost for ever. (I have also 9860, you have torch so surely well remember the option to delete the message just on device..Disappeared).

In any case I will try what you suggested me about media card, just explain me please '..Removed from my device manager, etc', device manager means BB Link? What did you remove?

Thanks

(O. Wilde)

mamario62 wrote:

Hi JS, I just had a long (kind) discussion with a vodafone technician.

They have a list of hundreds claims coming from clients with my problem, they discuss the matter with their major competitor (telecom) and found out same situation, Hope something will come out.

And yet Vodafone would still not escalate your issue to BlackBerry techincal support? You need to demand that they do this.

mamario62 wrote:

In any case I will try what you suggested me about media card, just explain me please '..Removed from my device manager, etc', device manager means BB Link? What did you remove?

In your PC device manager, you will drill down in the settings and find the Z10 connected by USB. Remove it from there. Reboot the PC. Remove your Media Card from the Z10. Connect to the PC. See if it connects (you may hear a beep and see it connected in the device manager). Start Link and see if you can backup.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

JSanders wrote:

And yet Vodafone would still not escalate your issue to BlackBerry technician support? You need to demand that they do this.

That man was a technician, he was talking about a class action....

In your PC device manager, you will drill down in the settings and find the Z10 connected by USB. Remove it from there. Reboot the PC. Remove your Media Card from the Z10. Connect to the PC. See if it connects (you may hear a beep and see it connected in the device manager). Start Link and see if you can backup.

It' fantastic JS..I'm not able to find the media card in my Z10, I can just see the sim card and an empty slot!

(O. Wilde)