Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 LCR (least-cost-routing programming)

I understood that like my previous 9900 that the Z10 supported LCR (least-cost-routing programming), if so, either I set something up wrong, diabled it inadvertently or it's not working.

When on a trip to southern US two weeks ago.  Connected and logged into the hotel pay for use wifi network using the phone's browser.  As the phone was new to me I checked the connection strength which was good to excellent, checked under Network Connections to ensure the hotel wifi was listed as connected under "Wi-Fi" as I didn't want any unexpected roaming fees.

Was just notified by Rogers that my e-bill was ready and there was $450+ worth of roaming fees from this one 5 day trip.

While I can't say absolutely that I did everything right, I definitely did the above mentioned check before using the browser, didn't use map app and data via email was minimal so I have to conclude the data was browser activity.

I'd really appreciate some input on this as I do not want a repeat of this rather nasty and expensive experience.  Having used BB's for a VERY long time I've never been hit with roaming fees like this - worst case was a $150 when traveling to Europer and having to use Google Maps while exploring a city or two.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 LCR (least-cost-routing programming)

I'd call and escalate to Rogers support and see if they can figure it out and give you a credit if the phone was an issue. Also, I always keep my phones set to: data "off when roaming", unless I know I need it, then I turn it on. This allows me to make sure that I am not roaming data. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

I did escalate with Rogers.

I leave roaming on while traveling for work emails.

I do not use data for browsing or maps though and have never had an issue in the past so while it may be user error I have a healthly does of skepticism on that part.  Had I not double checked everything the first time then I'd be more prone to accept the error was mine...

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

You can easily turn data on and off while roaming, certainly easier than paying a $500 roaming bill. Smiley Wink

What I am suggesting is to turn it off whole roaming when you want to make sure you are on WiFi until this bug is resolved. Smiley Wink certainly it needs to be fixed, but until it is "Practice safe Roaming" and use "Off while Roaming" as your condom Smiley Very Happy

Turn it on when you aren't on WiFi and you feel you need to pay for roaming. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy