Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Z10 Micophone problem.

I purchase z10 on 01/07/014 and everything works fine but yesterday i noticed that sometimes while calling;next person didnt hear my voice. At first i thought that it might be some network issue but when i record a video and a voice note then i realise that there is something wrong with the microphone. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it didn't. Surprisingly it works fine when i call someone with my speaker on. Any idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue??? Do i need to go to service center??? How much time they (service center people) will take to fix it????? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 Micophone problem.

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Depending on your BB10 OS level, this could be a known bug that has been cured in later versions. I recommend you check your OS level and if you are not on 10.2.1.3247 that you immediately update to it via Sachesi:

devenderg1 wrote:

Any idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue???

Based on the information so far known from you, it could be either. After you validate and/or update your OS to .3247, that might narrow the possible causes down.

devenderg1 wrote:

Do i need to go to service center???

If updating to .3247 does not cure it, them maybe. If you also WIPE and don't reload things, and the behavior continues, then yes.

devenderg1 wrote:

How much time they (service center people) will take to fix it????? 

Only they can answer that.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear buddy,

Thanks for reply, it was a nice answer from you.

I am from india and i have this phone factory unlocked and when i am checking for software update, it shows as  "You have the latest software". Software release 10.2.1.2941.

OS Version 10.2.1.3175

I think that i should go to Service center or As the phone is just 4 days old, might the retailer will give me a replacement (i don't know if there is any rule for this but my friends told me that any defective phone within 1 week of purchase is replaced by retailer and i am counting on it). Hope i will be out of mess.

Any suggestions are welcome Smiley Happy.

Thanks again.......

But i am worried Smiley Frustrated

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

devenderg1 wrote:
I am from india and i have this phone factory unlocked and when i am checking for software update, it shows as  "You have the latest software". Software release 10.2.1.2941.

OS Version 10.2.1.3175

That is not the latest version. As has always been with BBs, the on-device update selector is controlled by your service provider. And as further has always been with BBs, some carriers are quicker than others to roll out updates. Your carrier must not yet have approved and rolled out .3247. But, since you are on .3175 on a Z10, the .3247 update is CRITICAL for you...the update contains something very specific for Z10's that, if not applied, can lead to a "bricked" device simply by letting the battery fully drain. You should immediately apply the .3247 update via the Sachesi method I linked for you above.

devenderg1 wrote:

I think that i should go to Service center or As the phone is just 4 days old, might the retailer will give me a replacement (i don't know if there is any rule for this but my friends told me that any defective phone within 1 week of purchase is replaced by retailer and i am counting on it).

Your service and support options, including returns and replacements, are controlled by your original purchase contract when you bought the device. Whatever your contract states is what you have rights to. Some folks buy from less honest sellers who cheat them out of service and support, and there is no recourse if that is stated in the purchase contract that the buyer agreed to. Others buy from proper dealers who provide the same level of warranty that BB extends. Others still buy from dealers who provide even more coverage than BB extends. It varies widely, and is directly controlled by the actual agreement made at the time of purchase -- what your friends have for service and support may or may not be what you have...your contract controls your rights, their contracts have no bearing on your rights.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................