Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 POP Problem

I did that and I still can't send.  I set up my email account under the advanced under POP as that is what type my hosting company told me I was but still no luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

There has been a lot of dialogue on this issue - I have the same issue. When contacting my carrier - ATT - as is often suggested, the response acknowledged a lot of people with this problem but to contact BB direct.

At the very least if BB were to acknowledge the issue and give an estimate of how long before a fix arrives, I'd be patient enough to wait. The silence is frustrating and isn't doing anything good for anyone. If there is indifference regarding this issue, and I have no idea how long this will continue, I need to change phones for the sake of my business.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

I am with Singtel too and have exactly the same problem with setting up 2 singnet accounts which uses POP servers.  I too had a few 3-way conference with Singtel and BB (RIM) and still no solution in sight.

Singtel should at least admit that there is a problem either with the Z10 or their servers (POP servers are rather old!!) and strife to work closer with BB to find a solution to the problem.  Thus far, they have suggested work-arounds rather than getting BB to offer a solution through an update.

Mails on IMAP servers like Apple's me.com, imac.com or icloud.com and those on Gmail and Hotmail (live.com) are not affected.

When the email settings are first done, emails stream in and after some time, an error messge pops up to tell you that the pop settings are errornous.  On the Accounts page, it will indicate "Not Connected - Account Invalid" in red.

I am frustrated with the fact that both my telco/ISP and BB do not have a solution for this problem.  I personally believe this is the first smart phone in the world that has a simple email setting problem; all my previous 3 BBs, 5 iPhones and iPad worked flawlessly.