Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Z10 Phone Ring Going Silent Until Battery Pull, and Sometimes Loosing Its Knowing Its ID Information

I had a number of instances where the phone would no longer ring. No ring, or notifications have been modified.

The temporay fix is to do a battery pull and allow a full reset.

I found this happens sometimes after installing and then uninstalling a downloaded program from Blackberry World formerly known as App World.  I also noticed this issue sometimes happening after updates have been installed.

The unfortunate part of this is if the Bluetooth earphone is not being used calls will be missed because the phone will be silent. I found there was no ring because I had messages and callers displayed during periods where I should have heard the phone ringing.

I also had issues where the phone lost the capability for it to know its ID. In this case the backup, or restore, and downloads will not respond. The fix is a battery pull.

I had one time where the battery pull did not fix it. I had to re-install the OS for the phone to become normal again.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Z10 Phone Ring Going Silent Until Battery Pull, and Sometimes Loosing Its Knowing Its ID Information

There are a million posts on this issue, hopefully Blackberry will get this fixed soon with a new update.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

Re: Z10 Phone Ring Going Silent Until Battery Pull, and Sometimes Loosing Its Knowing Its ID Information

I had one time where the battery pull did not fix it. I had to re-install the OS for the phone to become
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Personally, I think this is a super deluxe great phone. I like everything about the Z10 from a user point of view. We have a number of these Z10 phones and love them. When the Q10 comes out, we may get a few to use as keyboard phones.

I am thinking the OS was not exactly ready for release. There are some important missing issues and bugs that I have been running in to. I cannot see during testing that these bugs did not come out because there are many users who are having them.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same issue. Had to restart my device. Happened when I switched from normal and silent mode.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

My Z10 phone has the same issue.  Ringer just stops..  need to pull battery.  WTF.

Enough already.  Fix this.

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Didn't have this issue since the update
Contributor

It should be fixed in the update that was released last week, your Blackberry software should be at 10.0.10.85, did you upgrade your software.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

My OS says it is current.. 10.0.9.2372

"you have most current"

Contributor

Your OS is very old, what country and carrier are you with.