Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Jazztel Spain

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

I've finally returned my Z10 to my seller and got a Nokia Lumia 920 wich looks really nice.

I couldn't continue without a working cellphone due to my work needs.

I'm quite dissapointed with Blackberry. No response to my emails, no number to phone to (at least in Spain).

I wanted to know why BB blocked my Z10 from one day to the next, but i didn't find an answer.

This world moves very fast and i'm afraid BB is not aware of it. Remember the failure, a few years ago, when millions of clients were out of service for 3 days....

It's a pity, because the Z10 lloked really nice.

I wanna thank all the people in this forum who work hard to help others. Maybe we´ll meet again in the future.

Good luck to those still searching for a solution.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100 -2
My Carrier: Telia

I have talked to my reseller and my service provider today, and my service provider doesn´t have BIS to offer and therefore my blackberry doesn´t work with that provider, it is a shame that BB runs their servers every 2:nd month to update BIS, so now i have to get me another phone or change service provider, BB is a Canadian joke, stick to Hockey and leave the cellphone to those who knows how to make them work

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

BIS does not work on any 10 OS BBerry phones. Z10 works on any regular data plan which I'm sure your provider does offer. I think whomever you spoke with does not know what they're talking about.
Regular Contributor

I thought that with BB 10 the need to have BIS had dissapeared... I mean, BB10 would work with any provider..

Now I see I was wrong.. Another weakness of BB....
Forums Advisor II

rvillanu, actually you ARE correct. BBerry moved away from BIS and it now runs on regular data plans.
Contributor

In sweden we have 2 providers that offers BIS for blackberry phones, without BIS you are srewed they told me

1: telenor

2: Tre

Telia does not work with blackberry at all

Regular Contributor

Thank you for correcting me, scrannel
Forums Advisor II

They are wrong. With previous version, yes, but the Z-10 does not use BIS. One of the reasons BBerry moved away from BIS was to make it easier for anyone to connect to any data plan. Your carriers are mistaken.

http://m.crackberry.com/no-you-dont-need-bis-plan-blackberry-10-phones
Contributor

If my carriers are mistaken......why is my phone blocked?
Highlighted
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

BIS or no BIS has nothing to do with your phone being locked. I just provided a link that explains that BIS is no longer used on Z-10. However, I would suggest, mickey, that if you are on one of these carriers -- who apparently are very mixed up about the Z-10 -- they may have blocked your phone in error.

A PIN block can be put in place by a carrier when they receive notice that a phone is lost or stolen. If I were you I would "escalate" your issue with your carrier. OR -- call the place you bought the phone and tell them it's PIN locked and ask why.

I bought my Z-10 from T-Mo USA. So if something like this happened they would HAVE to deal with the issue. But the best recourse, besides the carrier, is the place you bought the phone.

This issue is not unique to BBerry phones. Usually the IMEI number is blocked. (Like on iPhone, Android etc.). There was a long thread on Crackberry where they discussed this issue and it turned out the phone was reported lost (or stolen), repackaged as new and sold to the buyer.