Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

No one here thinks BBerry is God, in fact this is my first BBerry, so I'm no fan boy. But I have seen this before on other phones. What we're responding to is that it's extremely unlikely that a carrier or manufacturer did this on their own. Extremely unlikely. And the fact that the guy who sold you the phone isn't responding is a bad sign. His email not longer exists? What does that tell you?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100 -2
My Carrier: Telia

[ Edited ]

For all of you that tolde me to contact my provider and solve the issue with my Z10,

My phone is no longer Pin blocked, i got a mail from BB and told me that the problem was solved,

Hello,

This is now resolved. You will need to reset the device (pull the battery). If you did not have a valid WiFi profile or do not have a data provisioned SIM in the device you will need to perform a reset to factory using the BlackBerry Link software. The instructions have been provided in the BlackBerry Link user guide, I have provided a link to the online version below:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1340722912618.jsp

Sincerely,
Amanda
Senior Analyst - BlackBerry Technical Support

rvillanu wrote:

Seen this morning on the screen. I cannot use my BB!

Pin locked device Unable to contact Blackberry service. Contact your service provider for help

What is this? What can i do?

Thanks

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Hey -- I hope it works for everyone.  But remember, if you get a carrier who gives a darn, and they find your phone has been blocked by mistake -- and remove the block -- they may ask you to do a restore.  That's the whole purpose of getting a carrier involved.  But, if they decide it's blocked for a "good reason" (or don't give a darn) wiping the phone will not help.  I guess we're about to find out...

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

papabob500 wrote:

I don't "simply" told the twitter account my phone doesn't work. I've said them many many times everything I've said in this thread and they gave me two responses: "Contact your provider" and "This article will address the error message you are receiving: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33469". Guess what? It didn't work. And I told them. And the next day they sent the same suggestions. It's like speaking to a wall.

It's an LE. Don't expect support from normal BlackBerry support channels

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted

papabob500 wrote:

And the developer support that gave me the phone? nice try, but the mail account no longer exists. Whatever I sent them is answered with a pretty email saying that RIM is now Blackberry and they are excited with the change, and this the new url, and that is the new whatever.

What was xxx@rim.com is now xxx@blackberry.com, but have you already mentioned IN this thread that you were getting this back from your devel

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Lycamobile

Did any one manage to find a solution ? I got my Z10 from Abudabi , used it in India for a month , and then one and half month in Sweden without any issues , I suddenly got this message like every one else , have reloaded sw couple of times , checked with Lycamobile and they say its not their fault ..

New Contributor

Hi All ,

I did manage to resolve to issue ( atleast as of now ) .I called BB support (US) and explained the issue and was turned away asking to contact Carrier ( Lycamobile ) , Lycamobile as expected turned me away saying that they have nothing to do with BB since their infra doesnt support it . I got a mail confirmation from them and sent the same to help@blackberry.com with my case number . I had also reloaded the OS with sim card , with another carrier sim card and without any sim card .

I called again to support desk and explained all I have done , that the phone was a box piece with bill and not locked to carier .. so on and forth . The L1 transferred me to L2 and after 1.5 hours the L2 technician who was very considerate and helpful asked to restart mobile and check . To be sure I reloaded SW and started afresh and it work

L2 support called me again to check if it was working .It was working and to be safer I changed carier to another who sells Z10 - hoping that the phone will not get into same mode again .

Whats curious was - I did as the L2 guy what was done , he said "unfortunately I cannot reveal that " .. Neverthelss atleast now we know that if you have this problem please call support number explain fully the problem without getting frustrated . I was told that there will be a L2 member always in the shift . Hope this helps for anyone who went thru same pain as me!

xanan, can you specifically state what you did...

Security wipe?

What OS you loaded and how?

etc.

Your specific method may help others.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telenet

Hi,

I would also like to know how you specificaly solved this because i have the same issue (I am from Belgium and the number of BB for Belgium appears to be non-existing).

Kind regards

New Contributor

10,1,0,4181 is the SW version . I reloaded OS using Blackberry Link via MAC.