Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: A1 Mobilkom Austria

Z10 Problems with BMW

Hi all together,

i use a Z10 with

SW 10.1.0.4181

OS 10.1.0.4633

and a brandnew BMW 530GT

When i connect the Z10 to the BMW (SW updatet last Sunday) after a view minutes the screen of the car gets dark, a reset is done and the connection is lost and all settings of the car (radiostations,GPS settings) are lost!

maybe someone has the same problems and (i hope so) a sollution?

best regards from austria

Hannes

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Re: Z10 Problems with BMW

Hi Hannes how exactily do you connect it with a usb or bluetooth if you are using usb then try bluetooth it might work

New Contributor

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately i use BT allready for connecting (or better: i TRY to use it, :-)

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

1) Go on the BMW site and see if the phone is listed as compatible. Sometimes this can get precise, asking for VIN and phone OS, etc.
2) Also check on the site to see if there might be a BT update listed that maybe your dealer would have to install. Just because the car is new doesn't mean there might not be an even newer update.
3) I assume your current OS is standard and not leaked? Because if the phone is NOT listed as compatible, there is a leak which many have used that seems to get "non-compatible" cars to work.
4) Are you connecting through BT only or are you using usb as well?
5) Check (if you haven't already) on a BMW forum and see if anyone else has this issue and has solved. Let us know.
New Contributor

thanks a lot, but:

phone is compatible with BMW (on their website)

latest SW release of bmw is installed in the car

i use the current standard BB SW (no leaked)

i didn´t try to connect via USB till now

i checked all known BMW forums

BUT.....no sollution :-(

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

try the usb it might work..... i dont see why it is not working according to bb and bmw it should.... could you also check the cars software? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

USB wont do much except for sharing music, pictures, and video content

The other functions rely on Bluetooth

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Hannes, OK., it is also possible BMW tested the phone when it first came out or, more likely, before release. Thus it's possible it doesn't work with the latest BBerry OS release or the SW update from BMW. Some sites list the exact OS. I can only pass on to you what I know...

First of all, the OS you are running (4181) many users have found to be troublesome, even if official. I am currently running release 4200 (4780) on T-Mo USA, and some Euro users went over to that as it was the latest official MR, and was less troublesome. I know that many people with some non-USA cars who upgraded from 10.0 to an official 10.1, lost BT connectivity and were forced to go to a leaked OS that restored it (However their cars were NEVER listed as compatible). I have a brand new Range Rover and the phone has remained compatible from 10.0, to 10.1, to the current MR (4200). So if the phone is listed as compatible, either the 4181 or the new BMW SW knocked it out.

It would be great of you could confirm it does or does not work in a friend's car which is similar. But, you could try loading the 4200 MR (if possible) or a leaked OS. I can look around and see which leaked version seem to work for people, but you can search on this forum as it's mentioned here.