Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Mobistar

Z10: SD-card erased 12h after update (?)

Yesterday I updated my Z10 to version 10.1.0.4181. After this update I have lost all my text messages. But today I've made a trip from Belgium to France by high speed train as I did several times in the past. Today after two houres of listening to music stored on the SD card (16Gb), my Z10 did something strange. The volume went up to the highest level and it was like in scan mode: 20 sec of a song and then the next... Also was it blocked. After off/on there was no more music on the SD-card; Also all the images were gone... after removing the SD I could see some files trough wondows explorer on my laptop.The SD was used for 14 Gb while the explorer couldn't find a file: all was empty. (downloads, camera, music,...) I formatted the card and put again the music on it and it works again. Lucky I take every two days a backup so I did not lose anything. What did I wrong? What can I do to prevent this? or is it caused by the update? Thank you for your help!!
If it ain't broken, you don't need to fix it!
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10: SD-card erased 12h after update (?)

Hey vl2431,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

It is hard to tell what has happened to the SD card, after you restored the media files back on the SD card did the issue happen again?  I would suggest monitoring the issue and let me know if any strange behavior happens again.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!