Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Z10 SMTP

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have 4 different smart phones on the Rogers network .

My pop settings work fine on all phones but not on my Z10 .

port blocking is not the issue here unless you are suggesting that Rogers only blocks port 2525 , 25 , 587 on just the BB Z10 .

On top of all that my pop worked on the Z10 right up till I upgraded software .

Looks like BlackBerrys fault again or is that still.

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Rogefs

I agree. Spoke with Network Solutions and also Rogers and all my settings are correct. BlackBerry is on the hook and not looking good. This problem is now all over the internet and their competition is just laughing at them.
Contributor

I have 4 smart phones on the Rogers network .

All of them work with my pop settings port 25 or 2525 even my BB Z10 right up until I upgraded my BB Z10 software with BB update release .

The other 3 still working fine , so unless Rogers is only port blocking for the BB Z10 , it is clearly not an issue of port blocking .

Really only looking like a BB software bug , not like that could ever happen again .

Just think there should be a way of getting them to fix it .

What is really bad is that my friends apple works fine on Rogers with my mail settings .

As I said port blocking not an issue .

Forums Advisor III

metalcurving wrote:

I have 4 different smart phones on the Rogers network .

My pop settings work fine on all phones but not on my Z10 .

port blocking is not the issue here unless you are suggesting that Rogers only blocks port 2525 , 25 , 587 on just the BB Z10 .

On top of all that my pop worked on the Z10 right up till I upgraded software .

Looks like BlackBerrys fault again or is that still.

lesedwards wrote:

I agree. Spoke with Network Solutions and also Rogers and all my settings are correct.

BlackBerry is on the hook and not looking good. This problem is now all over the internet and their competition is just laughing at them.

I have no issues connecting to any of my 4 hosted email addresses, so I'm interested to know:

1. If this is happening while you are connected to WiFi (i.e. you home or work ISP) or over the wireless network or both?
  2. Are you all with Network Solutions and the same Carrier? If so then one of them may very well be the source of the issue.
  3. Have any of you called your Carrier and asked to be escalated to Blackberry support for this issue?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Umniah

I also use network solutions and haven't had issues for years... works on opine rich out any problem... was working in Z10 perfectly before OTA update...

I have five rent carrier as I live in middle east
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Umniah

That meant to say works on iPhone without any problem... also I have this issue with home, work wifi and with 3g
Contributor

Rogers just report this issue to BlackBerry .

they have given me a ticket #

we will see where it goes from there .

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Rogefs

I am the same. It does not matter on wifi or on the road. I spoke with Rogers yesterday and they do not support business emails unless you want to go on a service plan.