Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Z10 SMTP

Are you with Rogers
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

etisalat in uae but my mail sever is hosted in US with web.com
Trusted Contributor

You need to find the smtp server address from your cell provider. Insert that into the smtp area. In pop should be mail.yourdomain.com when you want to send mail you have to shut down your wireless if you are connected to it.
New Contributor

i tried that by using gmail smtp server but now my emails look as if it is generated by mu gmail account and not my work email server.. it looks bad..
Trusted Contributor

No you still use your business server.
Trusted Contributor

In your business account under smtp you insert your cell phone providers smtp and your own domain for pop setting
New Contributor

my recipient is getting from: mynae@cellmail on behalf of myname@mybusinessmail
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

That will kind of work .

There are 2 really issues with that setup .

First and biggest is that it will only work in your service providers area , I unfortunately travel as do a lot of BB users not to mention having to make sure your WiFi is off .

Second is that the email will not appear as if you sent this from your office , really unprofessional looking for your clients .

All the other Smart phones are still working with my pop settings even Iphones , and I find that really aggravating and embarrassing .

Trusted Contributor

Okay here is what you have to do. Go into settings then accounts open up your business email and go down to where you see the smtp section. Server name you leave blank password leave blank then in server it will be smtp.yourcellprovider.com and the port will be 25 sale set to off. I am with Rogefs so mine is smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com this will allow you to send from your business address the only thing going you must remember is when you are connected to wifi and you want to send an email just click on settings and shut off wifi. Let me know how you make out.

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi lesedwards, Billyrock,

I use Network Solutions for my domain as well.
Same problem as you two and the rest of the BlackBerry Z10 update 10.0.10.85 world.

This is very upsetting. I hate BlackBerry right now.

As the president of my company I chose to stay with BlackBerry and moved forward with the Z10 for my sales/customer service team. What a bad decision. Now my customer service suffers.

Signed,
A very disappointed customer.