Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Z10 SMTP

Did you try the fix I listed above?
New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi lesedwards,

I have not tried it. I can make due since I am at the office and have access to my desktop in most cases. It is my employees in the field that are suffering.

They are "old school" so to have them turn on and off wifi all the time is very inconvenient. The next thing I know they will forget to turn it back on and I am left with a $1000.00 roaming bill from the US.

Thank you for the temporary fix. I will make them do that when I have to. This is such a bad situation. And I need to call Bell Mobility Canada to find out if they even have a SMTP for me to use? I don't really understand that, would I not need a username and password setup on their SMTP to authenticate?

Thanks for "your" help, no help from BB...
Super upset now, them more I think about it.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

The reason that you have to turn off WiFi is that authentication is provided automatically by the network. By being on their network (turning off WiFi puts you on their network) they 'assume' that you are authorized to use their smtp server. Therefore no username or password is required.

I know that lesedwards is on Network Solutions, are all of the rest of you that are having these issues on their servers as well, or other servers?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

thanks drewread for the explanation for not needing a username and password.

from what i have read it is not just network solutions but a whole slew of other servers.

take it ease.
Contributor

Fyi spent a few hours with BlackBerry tech. support on Friday so at least they are now looking in to the issue .

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Rogefs

That's good did you get the help you needed? I see they launched the Z10 in the states today. Look out **bleep** will really hit the fan when the US start running into all the problems we have had.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

Thanks - but that is not a fix! BB needs to fix this asap
Contributor
My Device: 9650

[ Edited ]

This is a known issue with certain versions of Z10 firmware.

One workaround that appears to work for some people is using unauthenticated SMTP, ie remove the username and password in the SMTP settings.

However that is a security risk if used over the internet and therefore you will only be able to use that with a mail server provided by your home mobile carrier, if they in fact provide that service.

Please see the following:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/SMTP-API-faulty-on-BB-Z10/m-p/2231991#M10389

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-encoding-issue-in-outgoing-email/m-p/22321...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/heads-up-email-bug-recent-z10-os-versions-779341/

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

This is all bull**bleep**, Du and Etisalat in UAE will not give you the privilege to use their smtp for your business email account and it is their right, does this mean that my BlackBerry z10 is useless now? Yes it does.....
I tried many ways and different ideas and nothing worked. I can't send emails from bb10 as it looks so unprofessional when it reaches to the recipient. BlackBerry has to find a **bleep** solution for this issue as it is a **bleep**in **bleep** mess.
We bought the z10 thinking it will make our life easier, all what we heard till now is to wait for the new software update, which might come in the next decade, shall I just stop using my 700 usd device I just bought until BlackBerry decides to be a little bit professional and solve this issue that is one of the most core standard services I am supposed to get from a BlackBerry device? Bull**bleep**
Contributor

At this point BB has addressed the issue and has made available to the different carriers an update software to take care of this .

But now it is up to the different companies to decide when to release this update to there customers .

I called Rogers and they are getting back to me latter today with an answer .