Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE - BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: TIM Italy

Re: Z10 STL100-1 and the serious bug of the battery

10.1.0.4181 - OS Version 10.1.0.4633

This is the same also for the device of my friend. Already tried with downgrade, leaked OS, restore with BBLink etc*. No one of this is working.

The only solution work for limited time is yours and from Crackberry forum. But after 1 or 2 days we are in the same situation again.

Now with the trade of battery with my friend, i can have the confirmation if mine is damaged, need to be calibrated etc.
Let's see this 3 or 4 days how my battery is working on the device of my friend.

* I want to clarify. The problem is occurred first with the OS version 10.1.0.1720 (10.1.0.273).

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, please do report back in a 3-4 days.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer

I'm back.

For 3 days my friend tried my battery.. And the battery is working correctly without any problem!!!

Now i have take it back.. And we are on the same boat again!! The battery shutdown at 20%.
Now i'm going to trying again the method of Crackberry and JSanders.

But let me say this is unacceptable! I'm forced to buy a new battery, because my Z10 isn't able to calibrate my battery!

With battery guru the health of my battery on my Z10 is 6% on its Z10 95%! How is still possible this??

Another thing i have noticed, before i give back his battery, the level of its battery on my Z10 is 83% and when i put back again on its device is 87%!

New Developer

Again! Charged and go from 100% to 0% in 2 minutes.

Nothing can solve this problem. I'm going to exchange the battery again with my friend and next week buy a new battery.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

There is no need to exchange battery... your mobile will work at 0% without any problem for hours.... this is the OS bug and BlackBerry is working on it... do nothing simply charge your mobile for more than 2 hours and use the whole day and in night again charge... do not bother on indicator it will be resolved soon

New Developer

How you know that?

Trusted Contributor

I have four z10 stl100 1 mobiles and working on this issue since the last month. The problem came since the update 10.0.10.xx was released.. In this the actual device meter goes off sync with the actual battery meter therefore for different battery reading mobile os give different reading therefore sometime your mobile shut off and you think that there was battery but in actual your battery is fully discharged you can check yourself by pulling the battery out and check the voltage it will be 3.3 v.. and when suddenly your percentage jump from any percentage to 0 % it is due to this bug but in reality there is still battery as I have used my mobile with this 0% for 9 hours full wifi gaming etc...

Trusted Contributor

Now I am typing this message from z 10 and it goes off at 55%... but I do not bother I charged it for more than two hours with original charger as it takes for full charging almost two hours and used the whole day Smiley Happy finger crossed no issue.... waiting for the BlackBerry to solve Smiley Happy and I have checked whatever the percentage is but usage always is same whether it shows 0% also then u can use for the same time ... that shows no battery issue just indicator problem

Highlighted
New Developer

I refer to BlackBerry.. Because for now still no answer about a fix for that.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

iMarck90 wrote:

I refer to BlackBerry.. Because for now still no answer about a fix for that.

iMarck90, we here are not "BlackBerry", This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

If you wish official assistance on this matter, please call your TIM Italy tech support and as that the issue be escalated up to BlackBerry technical support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code