Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell

Z10 STL100-3 WiFi issue

Hi,

I have a STL100-3 on Bell Mobility in Canada and am going to be sending the phone out for a warranty repair tomorrow unless anybody can help me out with a WiFi issue I've been having since updating to 10.1 last month.

When I disconnect from a WiFi network and don't immediately connect to another network, then the WiFi on the phone will be completely disabled until I do a restart of the phone. The WiFi will still show as being on but a network scan will show that there are no WiFi networks in range. I know this is wrong since my other devices can connect to my network and there are several other networks in range. 

I have already done a security wipe and reloaded the OS through my computer and the problem persists. From what I can tell from searching online, I seem to be the only one that has been having this issue. 

I called my carrier for tech support and they are saying that my phone will need to be sent out for warranty repair, but I 'd like to avoid that if possible. Has anybody else experienced this issue and if so, what have you done to resolve it?