Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 | STL100-1
My Carrier: Vodacom

Z10 Screen Coating Coming Off / Permanent Marks

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, ive been searching around and ive found a few pages/forums threads about how peoples Z10s screens have been having these physical defects [oleophopic coating coming off?], how ever no one really states whether is fixable or not or what course of action to take if you have such a device.

I'm on my 3rd Z10 and for the 3rd time, marks have started appearing again but this time it was after my 7 days to exchange so is it really worth trying to get a new phone as ive already had 3 that were stuffed?

I've managed to mask the problem by cleaning the screen and applying a screen protector (which leaves the screen looking 100% Except for my latest device which has marks on the bezel...) so for now its usable but i never imagined spending  > R7000 on a device and having so many hardware issues.

The phone its self is amazing and i wish to continue using it but do i really have to suffer for damaged stock ?

If any one can give me any useful info id greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks in advance.

PS. I dont want to remove my screen protector at the moment so i cant put up any images of my phones blemishes but they look the same as those in the theads "Odd smudges.." and "Permanent Marks on screen" which are on Crackberry.