Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Z10 Shuts Down

[ Edited ]

Hey any news.on the sudden shut dpwns.of.the Z10? I'm up to 3 a day for about two weeks. Today.was.special though. While.driving with.the.Map app, the little Berry of mine did the red.light, darkness and white paw signal. And yeah, I missed my exit. Fun times. Francis Lewis

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Shuts Down

Hey francislewis,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 software are you currently using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.  Did you install any new applications lately when the issue started?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Z10 Shuts Down

Hi there,

I am not sure about the logic behind this, but one of the solutionsI found in a forum was to replace the sim. I had cut my normal sim to micro sim size myself and was facing frequent shutdowns (2 or 3 times a day). SOmetimes it used to restart, sometimes just shut down and I had to start it up again. 

I just went to the customer service centre of my carrier and got a new micro sim last week, and touch wood, the phone has shut down only once after that. I hope it stays that way.

See if this helps you.

Stephen