Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Z10 Software Update - Registration Failed Error 0

Hi,

I've just taken two new Blackberries out of the box (a Z10 and a Q10) to setup for two of our users.

I did the normal plug it into bb link on my pc, reset to Factory Settings and also download and apply the latest software revision to the device.

I then went through the motions of connecting it to the wifi, confirmed that it was connected to the mobile network, accepted the T&C's and then I am stuck on the Software Update screen with the following error message..

"Software Update

Registration Failed

Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure becasue of error (0)"

I have tried a couple of different wifi connections and a known good working SIM card, but they are both throwing the same error message.  I only get the option to Retry or Turn Off and I cannot get past this step.

Has anyone else come across this issue before?

Cheers,

Andy

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Z10 Software Update - Registration Failed Error 0

Hello AndyHedges, 

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Please contact your mobile service provider or point of sale and ask they to contact BlackBerry support on your behalf to have this issue investigated. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

ohl
New Contributor
My Carrier: movilnet

I have the same error and I have been unable to solve it so far. Please let me know if you have got a solution.

OHL

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Hello,

I had the same error on a BB Q10. The device was connected by WiFi only, so I looked at the logs of our firewall. After establishing a connection the device tried to get the actual time (and probably time zone) via ntp which was blocked. After allowing ntp for the device and restarting it the error was gone.

When I setup some Z10 a few weeks ago there was a similar problem. The device failed to get and display the terms and conditions after selecting the language and went back to the setup of the WiFi-Connection. I solved it the same way.

I hope this helps you.

regards Achim

My Device: z10
My Carrier: OI

Turn off the WI-FI connection and let only the cellular network. The problem ends and he goes ahead. Then you can use the WI-FI without problems.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

AndyHedges wrote:

Hi,

I've just taken two new Blackberries out of the box (a Z10 and a Q10) to setup for two of our users.

I did the normal plug it into bb link on my pc, reset to Factory Settings and also download and apply the latest software revision to the device.

I then went through the motions of connecting it to the wifi, confirmed that it was connected to the mobile network, accepted the T&C's and then I am stuck on the Software Update screen with the following error message..

"Software Update

Registration Failed

Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure becasue of error (0)"

I have tried a couple of different wifi connections and a known good working SIM card, but they are both throwing the same error message.  I only get the option to Retry or Turn Off and I cannot get past this step.

Cheers,

Andy

Hello, 

What OS are you currently using on your phone?

My Carrier: att

same issue, any solution?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Leslie8120 wrote:

AndyHedges wrote:

Hi,

"Software Update

Registration Failed

Cheers,

Andy

Hello, 

What OS are you currently using on your phone?

Have you turned WiFi off when you tried the SIM?

Is the "latest software revision" already released by your provider? Have you tried an older device software?

Regards,

Achim

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

Hi,

Just ensure you are connected to the network of your choice via BIS. That is the easiest and fastest solution.

Hope this helps.